Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-06-2014, 06:50 AM

14,375 posts, read 18,418,811 times

Advertisements

So it turns out Nika the Husky won't be put down, and will instead be sent to Ohio to live on the farm of one of her owners' relatives.

Husky in 'Save Nika' campaign will not be put down

I think this story has way too many idiots in it.

1) After getting out previously (and getting a hold of the neighbor's rabbit then), the dogs were still apparently allowed in their yard unsupervised. Though admittedly it was a pet sitter who was on duty when they escaped this time.

2) The owners seem utterly delusional about the possibility that their husky might have killed a rabbit, simply because it plays well with kids and cats under supervision, even though the rabbit had to be pried out of the dog's mouth previously. Uh-huh.

3) The dumbass rabbit owner keeps her PET rabbit in a hutch in effin' COLORADO. Sweetie, let me explain about this animal we have here called a COYOTE. If a husky can get into your yard and eat your bunny, let me assure you that a coyote will have no problems. That rabbit was living on borrowed time as it was.

I don't know what the solution was with all of this, but really Aurora handled the case poorly. The case went through the courts way too fast, the judge exhibited little understanding of what constitutes viciousness in a dog, and a crazy knee-jerk decision basically guaranteed that stuff was gonna blow up on the internet.

A dog that kills a rabbit is not a danger to the public. Its owners who don't take proper measures to restrain the dog from following its natural instincts are a problem though. And really, I cannot get over this idea of someone keeping a supposedly beloved pet rabbit in a wire hutch in Colorado (especially after dogs have shown that they can get into it already). Heck, my friends in Jersey have problems with just foxes getting their chickens from similar structures.

Just a strange and kind of stupid story.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs