Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-03-2014, 10:25 PM

1 posts, read 796 times

Advertisements

After a biopsy, my beloved 9 1/2 year old Pug received a diagnosis of squamous cell carcinoma. I am heartbroken. His cancer is particularly aggressive, I first observed a tumor in front of his right nostril a mere five weeks ago. Since two weeks ago, about the same time as his biopsy, the tumor has spread to the left nostril. He still has a tremendous appetite, trots rather than walks, plays with his toys, retains a keen sense of smell and chases the cat. That said, his breathing is severely impacted. The right nostril is just about closed and the left has me so very concerned. Poor dog doesn't sleep well at all. As a result, he wanders around to breath, and falls asleep while standing. He has fallen while sleeping. I am not willing to put him through the rigors of chemo or radiation. I hope there is a chance to open the left nostril a bit more. I am looking for alternative forms of treatment. Any advise or recommendations would be gratefully received. Thank you so much and best wishes to all puppies, their mom's and dad's struggling to deal with this insidious disease!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs