Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-10-2014, 02:15 PM

4,481 posts, read 3,650,174 times

Advertisements

My pittie girl picked up my remote control, all the while staring at me as she carried it off to the balcony. When I went to retrieve it and bring it back inside, she kept jumping on me trying to get it back.

When my border collie was young, he used to stir his water with his paw before taking a drink (because we had a very mean-spirited German shepherd girl who would occasionally pee in his water out of spite). He did that for several months.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2014, 07:38 PM

2,525 posts, read 2,082,036 times
Years ago, my dad was eating his morning donut. He sat it on the edge of the coffee table, and my dobie got tired of watching him, gets up, walks over and snatches it right off the plate...pops got mad. I laughed...
How would you feel if day after day, donuts in your line of vision...tempting. I miss that dog!!

Old 10-15-2014, 04:13 AM

21,020 posts, read 19,434,559 times
Aw, thank you all...

Old 10-15-2014, 04:34 AM

3,513 posts, read 6,386,069 times
I had a dog who was 99.99% perfect but if I left a half eaten bag of chips or other junk food on a low table he would invariably eat them. I always liked to think he did it not because he wanted to but because he knew they were bad for me and was trying to keep me from eating too much junk food because he knew it was bad stuff and he was trying to protect me.

Old 10-18-2014, 05:57 AM

26,142 posts, read 31,217,617 times
I named my dog Possum because she looks like one.

They have a dog door open all the time to come in and out on their own. One night I got up to go to the bathroom and the one dog was sleeping and Possum was on her side sort of propped up on her arm and I saw this Looooong pink tail hanging down the foot of the bed from under the covers. I thought, no not dead animals in my bed. I whipped back the covers real fast and she didn't bring in a dead animal....she adopted one. It was a tiny, little baby possum of all things, curled up against her belly and seemed more scared of me than I of it.

I went and got an empty dog food bag and a spatula and scooted the possum in the bag and released her back out in the yard. I then felt kind of bad taking the baby away from the dog. But really, naming a dog Possum then having her adopt one and bring it to bed was too ironic.

Old 10-18-2014, 06:01 AM

I love that dog!!!

Old 10-18-2014, 06:05 AM

So I bring my new German Shep into a friend's Camera shop...
It was a sunny day, I had my sunglasses on...
He says, "You look hot with that dog!" ...Oh?

I ask his employee, old Tom....What do you think Tom?
"You look blind."

Bada bing!

Old 10-19-2014, 08:34 AM

26,142 posts, read 31,217,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Praline View Post
My pittie girl picked up my remote control, all the while staring at me as she carried it off to the balcony. When I went to retrieve it and bring it back inside, she kept jumping on me trying to get it back.

When my border collie was young, he used to stir his water with his paw before taking a drink (because we had a very mean-spirited German shepherd girl who would occasionally pee in his water out of spite). He did that for several months.

My cocker spaniel was the only dog I had that would watch TV and could see what was on the screen. If there were large African animal shows on she would oftentimes jump off the sofa and over the coffee table growling and then slam into the television.

We were on the bed and the Westminster dog show was on and she was sitting there watching it and would reach her paw out to the screen. I changed the channel and she turned and looked at me with eyes like death rays and I turned it back and she went back to watching it.

Old 10-24-2014, 08:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thursday007 View Post
My cocker spaniel was the only dog I had that would watch TV and could see what was on the screen. If there were large African animal shows on she would oftentimes jump off the sofa and over the coffee table growling and then slam into the television.

We were on the bed and the Westminster dog show was on and she was sitting there watching it and would reach her paw out to the screen. I changed the channel and she turned and looked at me with eyes like death rays and I turned it back and she went back to watching it.
The IMAGE of the doggy slamming into the TV....!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs