Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-18-2014, 12:13 AM

83 posts, read 115,039 times

Advertisements

Guys, I am not a crazy pro PETA pro vegan person. Hell, I eat just as much meat as the next guy. But, this truly broke my heart and brang me to tears. All I ask is that you stop buying Chinese leather.

The link contains the investigation article along with a deeply disturbing video of Chinese workers bashing dogs over their head with a metal pole til they're dead. Their leather are sold throughout the world to unsuspecting vendors and customers. Most of you can't bare to watch the video, but at least read the article.

I am not posting this for the enjoyment of the video inside the article. Simply spreading awareness of what's going on in the other side. So if at least a couple of you guys see this, then I've done by job.

Dogs Bludgeoned and Killed in Leather Industry
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2014, 06:55 AM

3,782 posts, read 4,266,829 times
Not sure you, as a consumer, will ever know if you have leather produced in China or not! For example, leather car seats, leather upholstery on house furniture, leather shoes, and even my leather coat has no indication of where the leather is from; just where it was made.

Old 12-18-2014, 07:52 AM

231 posts, read 237,169 times
I've seen a story on TV on this and the conditions are the worst I have seen.

THEY OFTEN SKIN DOGS ALIVE~

I will not buy leather.

Old 12-21-2014, 04:30 PM

13,931 posts, read 39,378,220 times
Well you know those Real Fur Cats & Dogs sold in stores.... Well NOW you Know where they come from & How they get the Fur!

Old 12-21-2014, 08:24 PM

19,881 posts, read 22,793,559 times
Buy American steer leather. Higher quality and more humane treatment of animals (typically).

Old 12-22-2014, 03:28 AM

1,910 posts, read 2,047,297 times
Well I guess I never really thought about it, I mean who would think that people would use dogs for leather.

On the other hand, nothing out of China surprises me.

I seriously doubt you will find this leather is exported to the US/CA/AU/EU etc to use in manufacturing. Most likely being used to mfr cheap chinese leather products, of course a lot of leather good you find here by brand names are made in china.

Guess I will have to check the origin of future leather products a little more closely.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs