Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2015, 11:08 AM

237 posts, read 226,082 times

Advertisements

My corgi loves to tease. He will deliberately do something "naughty", like steal a sock, for the attention. If you try to ignore the naughty thing he is doing, he will make fake growling noises and fling it around like he's going to tear it up. If he catches you looking at him, he'll really ham it up. It's hard to ignore him because it's funny. He's pretty much given up trying to steal my stuff, because I pretend to ignore him, and I definitely won't chase him (which is what he really wants). He still gets my husband every time though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2015, 02:21 PM

19,942 posts, read 22,895,403 times
This was naughty on me.

Last year we were pheasant hunting in Westby MT (about 6-7 of us) and a few guys had just covered a corner fence with lots of brush and a big old gnarly tree in the barrow pit. We were all standing there, there were at least 4 dogs as well when my dog Schnitzel went rock solid point at the tree. A few of us walked around the tree trying to jump another bird- nothing.

I figured it was a false point- he had picked up old scent or something.

As we all started walking away, 3 roosters flushed from the brush and flew off!

You could see it in my dogs eyes- he was like "WTF? I TOLD you they were there..."

Happens all the time with dogs. Gotta love it..

Old 08-13-2015, 07:42 AM

1,961 posts, read 2,265,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twelvepaw View Post
What? You clearly didn't tell Skid that the wire crate wasn't a test of his creative thinking abilities. Gotta love the dogs who have the ability to think creatively and problem-solve, even if the "problem" is a simple crate latch.
Awesome focus on those weaves
Hahaha! You're right. My bad. And so Aussie.

Thanks. The little dork can weave 12 poles in 2.41 seconds (timed at class with the e-timer). The poles are my favorite obstacle to teach.

Old 08-13-2015, 10:29 AM

5,104 posts, read 12,625,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jumpindogs View Post
Hahaha! You're right. My bad. And so Aussie.

Thanks. The little dork can weave 12 poles in 2.41 seconds (timed at class with the e-timer). The poles are my favorite obstacle to teach.
Dazzle who really just is not into agility LOVES weave poles. At one of the demos they set up a weave pole challenge I they had 4 or 5 sets of poles lined up and he was one of the few dogs that did them all. I was so proud of him!

My funniest weave poles were with Jazz as if she missed one and I made her redo them she never just re did them she had to argue with me first. She was no doubt saying something like" You are blind as I did not miss a pole, get some glasses" She was by far the best agility dog I had as she took it very serious.

Dash could run a clean course but he also liked to make people laugh so if he did make a mistake and someone laughed well he would repeat it and look at the crowd like " oh you liked that ? Want to see it again?" and yup he would do it again as long as he had them laughing he enjoyed himself. I guess that made me his straight man( well woman). We were like Burns and Allen. He was a favorite at demos.

Old 08-13-2015, 04:15 PM

5,104 posts, read 12,625,891 times
Just thought of another" naughty" Dazzle story. My dogs are use to cameras and posing for photos so Dazzle loves to photo bomb people taking photos. My two favorites are the young couple staying at the fancy Bacara beach resort the man was taking photos of his wife down on the beach. The beach was pretty empty so most people walk dogs off leash there so Dazzle was off leash and spotted the couple. He looked at me and I knew what he was thinking so called him and he decided nope not listening to you and raced over to the couple and started posing with the woman. The couple thought it was so funny as he was posing and they fell in love with him. What photo is not better with an elegant hound in it?

Another time there was a man taking a photo of a bike down on the beach, he had plastic flamingos and fake grass so he may have been doing an ad and the minute Dazzle saw him he once again blew me off and went and stood by the bike. The man did not think it was funny though other people at the beach did. So I had to leash him up until we got far enough away that he would not go back.

Dazzle can be such a naughty boy while Chaos trys to be such a good girl
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs