Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-01-2015, 10:07 PM

2,186 posts, read 4,585,623 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikantari View Post
Thug Life Puppy

I think he is so handsome - could be that red hair of his!!!! He is getting much better at posing for the camera.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2015, 06:40 AM

18,431 posts, read 34,423,613 times
This past Saturday with a busy bone......Oh it was just heaven!

Let's go to the park, Obie! (yesterday)

Oh boy, we are almost there!!!

Old 09-02-2015, 06:44 AM

18,431 posts, read 34,423,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CFoulke View Post
[/b]

hmmmmm......would it now? Pik, I am absolutely THRILLED to read about Obie and to see how happy you both look in your pictures. You and Jamie have done a wonderful thing by him - and he knows it. He really is a big boy - at 61 lbs. - wow... but isn't it great that with that much "power" the kitties aren't afraid of him? That says a lot about Mr. Obie - he is a sweetheart and you both got lucky when you found each other.

Think about it this way - if he were twins and you had two of him - you would just learn to adapt and it would be your new "normal" - much as this is/has been. If you truly think he would benefit from a brother/sister, personally I think it should be considered. Only you and your family truly know if you want another addition, and I know there is extra cost (trust me, I know they can be expensive!), and extra cleaning to do....BUT you do get extra smoochies and loving every single day.

Strike while the iron's hot!!! Kidding....kind of, but at least keep an open mind and if you do happen to meet another one who you believe would be a good fit for all of you - and you're up to it - what could it hurt? I know you have a LOT going on soon, but they could help you get up and down the aisle and get ready to start a new chapter in all your lives together.

No matter what you choose - just know this. I am so proud of you for rescuing all of your babies from the shelter - and for being such a good mom to them. I don't know how you can walk in and out of there with empty arms - I seriously don't think I could do it - but you have saved THREE lives. That is wonderful - and they are going to be a part of your heart and lives for a very long time. You are the best!!!!
Aww, thank you! It's very hard to walk out without bringing someone with me. I go to different shelters in the area and donate and play with the dogs and walk them and socialize with the kitties.

I know that our house isn't big enough for another big dog like Obie. I am open to foster but I don't think Jamie is right now.....

I bet if I get him to go with me to the dog park he may be more open to it in seeing how super happy he is with other dogs.

From the paperwork his previous owner filled out, he had a doggie sister. A 124 lb dogo argentino. He was a light-weight compared to this other dog!

Wedding planning and working on things is coming right along. I just got an e mail with the itemized bill and it is scary.

Old 09-02-2015, 06:51 AM

761 posts, read 835,149 times
You can see his happiness and yours in the pictures.
That's what really matters.

Old 09-02-2015, 06:55 AM

7,329 posts, read 16,463,139 times
Hey congrats on your engagement!
You've got a lot going on right now, so just let Obie keep settling in (it looks like you're all doing an awesome job with that) and down the road when the wedding's over and Obie and you have your routines down pat, maybe revisit the idea of a friend for him. jmo

Old 09-02-2015, 07:06 AM

2,432 posts, read 2,701,603 times
Aw he is such a sweet looking pup! Id check with the vet to be sure. As long as theres no other symptoms he is having that could be illness, he probably just needs time to adjust.

so great to hear hes going to a good home!

Old 09-02-2015, 07:22 AM

1,615 posts, read 1,647,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikantari View Post
Thanks everyone. I am feeding him what they were giving him at the shelter mixed with what I got for him. He was at the shelter for 2 days.

I am at home all day so I do spend a bit of time with him. I would say we go for three walks per day and we have a large back yard he runs around in.

He sleeps next to my side of the bed at night. He is really just the best dog ever.

The left side is when I met him at the shelter (and had to leave them there for a couple of days so they could give him shots) and the right is after I loaded him up in the Jeep and told him Lets go home!
Looks like a happy camper the day he knew he was going home. Dont believe people realize that animals can grieve a loss too. My daughter tomorrow has to have her dog put down that shes had for 11 yrs. Big airdale and such a good fella. He has lymphoma and now in sinus cavity too. We all are saddened by the loss of one of our family.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs