Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-03-2015, 01:33 AM

1 posts, read 484 times

Advertisements

My boxer puppy is just 35 days old. He had three meals yesterday, but in the evening started licking his lips, stretching his neck and refused food. He had during the day three meals. We thought that he was thirsty hence gave water. But after some time he vomited.
What could be the cause, anything serious?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2015, 06:29 AM

19,855 posts, read 65,931,269 times
Yes in a young dog that is very serious! Get him to a vet niw!! He is 5 weeks old, too young to have left his mother, should be with her until 8 weeks minimum or 12 weeks for the best.

Old 09-03-2015, 07:00 AM

3,606 posts, read 9,079,144 times
Vet immediately!!

Old 09-03-2015, 07:59 AM

1,024 posts, read 1,283,304 times
Someone can correct me if I'm wrong but I think yout puppy is too young to be weaned at 4 weeks. At least, he should be eating a liitle canned puppy food with formula and wean slowly. 3 meals a day for a baby this young sounds not enough..small feedings need to be done throughout the day, 4 to 5 hours feedings. His belly should fill up and feels nice and round after each meal. That usually follows with some playtime but lots of poopy and naptime as well. Then rinse and repeat. Make sure to keep him warm. Put some stuffed animals in his bed for warmth and comfort.

Like everyone here mentioned, take your puppy to the vet. Babies that young needs special attention. Ask your vet for guidance on feeding and caring for this pup.

Old 09-03-2015, 03:52 PM

13,931 posts, read 39,390,984 times
This Baby should Still be Nursing! Take him BACK to his Mom! Just cause he can eat he Shouldn't be! Part of his food should be from Mom!

Old 09-09-2015, 04:22 AM

6,624 posts, read 6,571,756 times
WHAT is wrong with people who adopt their litters out too young? I am SO sick of hearing about such ignorance with their animals.

When I was younger, I worked at an SPCA. I was astounded by the number of people who brought in litters of large breed puppies that were starving and terribly thirsty. They mistakenly believed that the mother dog's milk was fairly much enough food and liquid to sustain the puppies. I could only imagine what the mother dog's teats looked like.

Those poor puppies were climbing onto each other's heads trying to get at the food and water bowls when they were placed into the kennels.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs