Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-17-2015, 01:34 PM

278 posts, read 252,361 times

Advertisements

I have been dealing 2 months already with this rescue organization trying to adopt a dog, and it's just so frustrating! I fully understand that they want to investigate to make sure that the dog goes to a good home, but they make it so darn hard
I also applied with organizations that never even answered my applications! I am seriously getting burnt out on this whole process!

So the one that I'm dealing with now, has made me jump through hoops of fire for months, and now it's two weeks and dead silence I just sent them an email asking for an updated status!

I read that they were having financial problems, and the dog the I'm trying to adopt is now linked to another rescue Org, unless they are part of the same place????? Don't know what to do or think

I'm stuck, my local ASPCA only seems to have large dogs, and I'm interested in adopting a specific type of small dog, plus they are super far away from me, and I don't have a car. Right now, i don't have anyone to ask, and I don't want to spend big bucks on car service, if they don't have what I'm looking for.

I so want to open my heart and home to a fur baby, and I'm 100% committed to adopting, but shessh! They make it so darn hard! And call me paranoid, but I don't want my personal business with a 1001
orginizations

Any suggestions?????
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2015, 01:44 PM

1,024 posts, read 1,277,908 times
I would suggest try somewhere else.

After 2 weeks of silence and numerous attempts from you, they are rejecting your application. Personally, I wouldn't want to give my money and good home to an organization who obviously don't want it.

Old 09-17-2015, 01:52 PM

13,927 posts, read 39,297,259 times
I sorry I went thru what you are going thru TWICE 10 years apart! I agree with cheese move on. BTW both time I went to breeders & got dogs Cheaper than the Rescues were asking!

Old 09-17-2015, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesenugget View Post
I would suggest try somewhere else.

After 2 weeks of silence and numerous attempts from you, they are rejecting your application. Personally, I wouldn't want to give my money and good home to an organization who obviously don't want it.
Problem is that our local organizations are the ones that ignored my application! I would have to go far out of my area, and not having a car, makes it supper hard! These orgs have adoption fairs all the time, and our local paper always laments that these pets need good homes, and this is what they do with their applicants

Old 09-17-2015, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie1 View Post
I sorry I went thru what you are going thru TWICE 10 years apart! I agree with cheese move on. BTW both time I went to breeders & got dogs Cheaper than the Rescues were asking!
I have no doubt that the breeders are cheaper! Our local rescue orgs charge hefty$$$$$
But I'm really commited to adopting

Old 09-17-2015, 01:59 PM

3,671 posts, read 3,557,269 times
Just wondering Latina, what is the particular breed you are looking for?

Old 09-17-2015, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerraDown View Post
Just wondering Latina, what is the particular breed you are looking for?
Shih tzu

Old 09-17-2015, 02:07 PM

13,927 posts, read 39,297,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LatinaProf View Post
I have no doubt that the breeders are cheaper! Our local rescue orgs charge hefty$$$$$
But I'm really commited to adopting
Either way YOU are Paying bucks for a dog! There are breeders looking all the time for homes for older dogs.

IF it local Take it to the newspapers! Campaign to Change the way they allow adoptions!

Old 09-17-2015, 02:28 PM

1,261 posts, read 950,961 times
Have you looked into whether your area has a local Shi Tzu breed fancy club? Even if they do not have a rescue the breeders may know of dogs that need new homes, and it may be an easier process than going through a breed rescue. ETA: Please be aware that some breed fancy groups are very involved in helping find homes for dogs in need, and others are not, because they see it as contrary to their work supporting breeders (totally misguided, I think, but it is what it is). If it turns out that your local group is not, move on quickly to another plan.

Last edited by AminWi; 09-17-2015 at 02:40 PM..

Old 09-17-2015, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AminWi View Post
Have you looked into whether your area has a local Shi Tzu breed fancy club? Even if they do not have a rescue the breeders may know of dogs that need new homes, and it may be an easier process than going through a breed rescue.
Thanks, I will look into that!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs