Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2008, 05:30 PM

19,855 posts, read 65,851,628 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nanwalt3 View Post
The standard schnauzer sounds like a good match. I've had a couple of German Shorthair Pointers, really good dogs, but their stubborn hard-headed german in them, made it difficult to housebreak quick, that was a challenge with both of them. Everything else was a great dog that pretty much listened. Talk about tracking,,,wow the dog's phenomenal and good with other dogs and people, and velcro isn't the word,,more like stapled to your butt..
Yeah, stapled to your butt is a good description of a GSP. Mine was housebroken when I got him (rescue) but he is the most high-strung dog I've ever oqwned - and I've owned a lot. I can hear his nails all the time as he dances around on my wood floors. But he is loving and very devoted to me. So, I deal with the energy....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2008, 07:08 PM

16,806 posts, read 39,961,475 times
I had rescue Dobes for 25 years. I dearly love and miss the breed, but it was time for a break. I grew weary of the "leaky female" syndrome that many spayed female Dobes develop, and to put it bluntly, this time I decided to go with a breed that would live 4 or 5 years longer.

I'll go back eventually. I love the breed too much to stay away.

Old 11-18-2008, 07:34 PM

230 posts, read 676,276 times
Goodness, how did I miss a Doberman thread???? Needless to say, my girl is the light of my life (4 legged variety -- I have two lights of the human variety).

She was the runt of a litter at the pound, and has been the most loving, sweet-tempered darling I have ever owned. She has natural ears and tail and the beautiful Dobie markings, and hasn't shown any health problems in her first nine years. And yes, she's a clown too!

Old 11-19-2008, 12:33 AM
HDL

3,216 posts, read 6,789,447 times
Unhappy I had to say Good Bye to my sweet girl

Almost 2 wks ago, my dobie mix lost her ability to walk. I knew the day would come and yet it was very difficult to say good bye and let her go . I sent her home to heaven on November 10th. She was ~ 14 yrs old and had been with me for a little over 13 yrs . I thank God for bringing her into my life and for allowing me to spend quality time with her before she left this earth .

There will always be a special place in my heart for dobies because of her!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDL View Post
My girl is a Dobie mix also. She was rescued 12 1/2 yrs ago, after being thrown out of a vehicle that had slowed down enough to dump her out, and then take off, right in front of my neigbors' home . That was the BAD part. The GOOD part was me seeing what happened to her and taking her in . She has been my absolute FAVORITE dog of all time and I really wish that I had a MILLION of her she is sooo GREAT (if only I could afford that many - lol )!!!

She is ~ 13 yrs old now and except for incontinence which I use Proin 50 for, fatty tumors which look bad, but don't cause health issues per se, and hip and knee problems at around 11 yrs old, which I started using Rimadyl for , she looks pretty darn good for a large breed dog ! She will be missed greatly when she is gone .

Now IF my girl was just younger , we could set them up Teddie !!!!

Attributes of mine: Lap dog, smart, velcro-like, easy going, lovable, nurse to all my other dogs

p.s.
I can't seem to upload any pics of her .....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs