Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-26-2016, 04:57 AM

36,499 posts, read 54,071,612 times

Advertisements

it doesn't matter his meaning. Gay today means homosexual and either way if a man is afraid a certain kind of dog will portray him as homosexual or unmasculine he is very unsure of who he really is. I'm guessing he wouldn't admit to liking cats even if he did like cats.

This is why guys walking around with pit bulls on thick chains with spike collars is popular in some cultures. They are using the animal to portray what they want to be, not exactly what they are.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2016, 05:09 AM

5,624 posts, read 6,842,850 times
Yeah it makes you gay.

If by gay, you mean the definition of happy.

Old 08-26-2016, 06:11 AM

6,591 posts, read 24,856,918 times
if your worried the kind of dog you own will make you look gay...you've got a lot more to worry about than the kind of dog you own...

if you were confident, and secure in yourself you could walk a tiny toy poodle died pink with rainbow ribbons in its furl and no one would look twice...
get the breed YOU like because YOU like it...
stop worry about if people might thing your "gay" like its some kind of weird illness, or insult..

I mean for hells sake...its a dog, not a fashion statement.

Old 08-26-2016, 06:31 AM

965 posts, read 938,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no kudzu View Post
it doesn't matter his meaning. Gay today means homosexual and either way if a man is afraid a certain kind of dog will portray him as homosexual or unmasculine he is very unsure of who he really is. I'm guessing he wouldn't admit to liking cats even if he did like cats.

This is why guys walking around with pit bulls on thick chains with spike collars is popular in some cultures. They are using the animal to portray what they want to be, not exactly what they are.
This^^

Wanted to add that OP needs to decide the type of dog that fits his personality, not by its look. It doesn't matter what it looks like, it matters what his lifestyle is like.

IMO, you are asking the wrong question, period. Your,main question should be: will I be a goodmfotnfor this________ breed / type of dog.

My son age 30 finally got his first dog (from the pound). I now believe it is a "designer breed" Italian greyhound X Boston terrier (25+lbs) that someone ended up leaving in their backyard until they finally dumped her. She was at the shelter for months.... because she had no training, and would nip when afraid.
She loves to snuggle under the covers and go everywhere with him. She is a couch potatoe until he takes her out to run. Best fit ever for him, for me she is way too clingy

If you want a toy breed you should choose a breed you want by reading about their needs, and then asking more about their needs. They are not their haircut....
if you live in apt, do they bark a lot? Will you be home to housebreak it, or will you choose an adult from rescue. How long will the dog be alone every day? Do you have time to go to basic obedience classes? These are just a few of the major questions a breeder, or shelter / rescue will ask you. A back yard breeder, or pet shop won't ask, but then you might get the wrong dog for your lifestyle, and the dog will suffer. You will suffer too.

If you like a sweet, soft personality, and are willing to carry the dog if you have walked too many miles, by all means choose a Maltese. Can you afford to have it groomed $25-$75 every 4-6 weeks? Less if you have it shaved down, but then it won't have that "cute" look.

Do you have any dog experience? Do you know any terriers?
Jack Russell terriers can (and must) go, go, go, and you would wear out before they would - I don't care who you are. though no so great breeders breed the a bit larger, they are supposed to be about 8 pounds, but upwards of 15 lbs. you would never carry a JRT. However, you would have to be involved in obedience classes, and maybe ability with it. And you would have to leash it most of the time. They can be scrappy with other dogs. They are not for first time dog owners.

Can you tell us why you want a toy breed?

And maybe consider your words with a bit more forethought too.

Old 08-26-2016, 07:06 AM

7,599 posts, read 18,406,757 times
That dog looks perfect to me for a Call of Duty player =)
Youre not walking any trails with that thing though.

Old 08-26-2016, 07:07 AM

17,156 posts, read 12,957,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clawsondude View Post
It would be gay for you to have a romantic relationship with another man. Why are you concerned about people thinking you are gay? Why does it matter either way? This thread is honestly juvenile and possibly offensive to some.
Exactly. That's what makes a person gay. I don't find this thread offensive at all; I find it funny. I agree with whoever suggested he not dress the dog up. That looks completely ridiculous on dogs of any size. And if OP gets a little fluffy dog, he might actually attract more women, who will view him as having confidence in his masculinity.

Old 08-26-2016, 07:35 AM

50,264 posts, read 47,023,439 times
Looks like a red tail snack if you are trail hiking.

Old 08-26-2016, 07:43 AM

15,631 posts, read 10,386,562 times
I would assume a male walking a tiny, tiny dog was either gay or walking his wife's/girlfriend's dog.

Old 08-26-2016, 10:01 AM

15,546 posts, read 12,017,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
I would assume a male walking a tiny, tiny dog was either gay or walking his wife's/girlfriend's dog.
Strange. If I saw a man walking a tiny dog, the only thing I would assume is that he owns a tiny dog. I don't think I've ever thought of a person's sexuality based on the type of dog they own.

Old 08-26-2016, 11:08 PM

4,248 posts, read 4,161,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simplepeace View Post
I now believe it is a "designer breed" Italian greyhound X Boston terrier (25+lbs)
Will you please post a picture?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs