Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-06-2016, 10:54 AM

19,848 posts, read 12,110,307 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessiegee40 View Post
My lab is on pheno also. It has worked very well and she has not had any seizures since being on the meds. One thing I did was take her off of a high protein food as I read that could possibly cause them.

The pheno here got very expensive about a year ago. It was costing around $100 at the vet for a months supply. I ended up getting a script from the vet and called all the different pharmacies. I now get it at CVS. 3 month supply for $23.00. BIG DIFFERENCE!! Big pharmacies have higher buying power than the vets office.
You may want to get a quote from Costco as well. They also sell pet prescriptions and very often are the cheapest around. You do not need a membership card to use the pharmacy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2016, 09:36 PM

2,432 posts, read 2,692,907 times
Davwve & Jessie it's so great to hear your positive stories about the meds controlling it well. I can accept the fact our baby will pass away one day - but 4 years old is so young and I hope we have many more years left with him! So far, the pheno and Keppra combo has stopped the seizures, he is 8 days in now without any issues. His side effects have lessened a lot to! I'm so ready to get to the vet and them to check his levels to see where he is at. I think slowly we will get back to normal, I have been feeling better each day and less stressed about it.

We just got his Keppra meds at Costco for a huge difference in price but haven't checked the pheno price yet. The 3 month supply of pheno for $23 is great though, will look into it. We paid about $20 for just one month! We were very worried at first because Walmart and Walgreens were saying the Keppra was going to be $150 - that's just for a month supply! So happy we found it at Costco. Thanks for the replies, it really helps!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs