Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-03-2008, 08:08 AM

1,738 posts, read 8,294,832 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfeyes View Post
It is very possible the Lawn treatment they spray is causing him to itch. They say the chemicals they spray isn't harmful to animals, but I believe it is. I have even heard of some dogs getting cancer from the chemical. You have to remember dogs eat, lay and play in the grass and if its chemically sprayed they can have issues from the chemical. I would ask them if there is another way they could treat the part of the yard the dog stays in or just have the treatment stopped permanently. And I would still recommend you using the fish oil this will help him from itching if he lays in the grass since there is possible chemicals still lurking in the grass. Or keep your dog in the house all the time and take him to the park to let him lay and play.
we have the fish oil. I will ask them to stop treating the back yard. It's Codys backyard. ...I can't keep him from it. I might limit his backyard time for a few months though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2008, 09:26 AM

836 posts, read 3,393,350 times
Sounds good...I hope things get better for cody..

Old 03-03-2008, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Sounds good...I hope things get better for cody..
thanks for the ideas.
I feel bad fr him that he's itching. he's to tired to itch right now. We went on a long walk

Old 03-06-2008, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelly3120 View Post
thanks for the ideas.
I feel bad fr him that he's itching. he's to tired to itch right now. We went on a long walk
I found the problem today ...one ONE jerk flea! I put advantix on him on the 25th of Feb. grrr! Die flea DIE!
I've been brushing him w/ a flea comb daily and only today did I find it.

I hope it's as easy as that. Cody has only had a total of 5 fleas and one tick on him in the two years I've owned him and most are in the summer of last year. The fleas were horrible, people were applying flea meds every 2-3 weeks rather then once a month.

Is advantix good or not? ...fleas are yucky!
Now I'm getting all ocd about the flea.

Old 03-06-2008, 12:37 PM

1,310 posts, read 6,571,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kelly3120 View Post
I found the problem today ...one ONE jerk flea! I put advantix on him on the 25th of Feb. grrr! Die flea DIE!
I've been brushing him w/ a flea comb daily and only today did I find it.

I hope it's as easy as that. Cody has only had a total of 5 fleas and one tick on him in the two years I've owned him and most are in the summer of last year. The fleas were horrible, people were applying flea meds every 2-3 weeks rather then once a month.

Is advantix good or not? ...fleas are yucky!
Now I'm getting all ocd about the flea.

Kelly, you are too funny! Great thread, I learned alot today! wow!

Old 03-06-2008, 01:07 PM

13,163 posts, read 1,750,326 times
I've never used Advantix, but it's supposed to be good. We use Frontline, once a month.

Old 03-06-2008, 01:35 PM

836 posts, read 3,393,350 times
K9 Advantix kills and repells fleas, ticks and mosquitoes. Frontline Plus kills fleas, ticks and flea larvae, and Advantage kills fleas.
We use K9 Advantix on our dogs.

Old 03-06-2008, 03:10 PM

Quote:
K9 Advantix kills and repells fleas, ticks and mosquitoes. Frontline Plus kills fleas, ticks and flea larvae, and Advantage kills fleas.
We use K9 Advantix on our dogs.
hes on k9 too! maybe it was a hybrid flea hahah

Old 03-10-2008, 06:43 AM

wolfeyes think the fish oil is working ad now cody loves his food.

He's such a good dog! Yesterday the neighbors irls played w/ him all day and he was so sweet. They took him for walks, played ball and gave him treats ..he's so sweet w/ kids.
mmm I LOVE THAT ITCHY DOGGIE!

Old 03-10-2008, 09:38 PM

call my obnoxious but I really feel for my pup when he's itchy. I hate being itchy.

my husband noticed tonight that he is itching the stop he got his vaccination inject at. ...he has been itchy since then now that we think about it. Could it be the vaccine?

I know I keep shooting in the dark but we can't stand the itches.

The fish oi and his meds combined help a little but he's still waking me up at night w/ itches.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs