Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2018, 02:25 PM

17,350 posts, read 11,309,713 times

Advertisements

Well, here it is. This explains a lot from the updated article. The vet technician and shelter co-director lied due to a conflict of interest.

"Two employees at the Ardmore Animal Shelter -- who received the dogs dead, never examined them alive -- are responsible for deliberately mislabeling six of the dogs as predominantly "dachshund." Vet technician Amanda Dinwiddie, whose husband has bred and sold pit bulls in the past, and shelter co-director Tena Layton, an owner of multiple pit bulls, are 100% responsible for misleading the sheriff, media and public about the breeds involved in this deadly attack."

Old 05-20-2018, 02:34 PM

1,201 posts, read 806,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marino760 View Post
Well, here it is. This explains a lot from the updated article. The vet technician and shelter co-director lied due to a conflict of interest.

"Two employees at the Ardmore Animal Shelter -- who received the dogs dead, never examined them alive -- are responsible for deliberately mislabeling six of the dogs as predominantly "dachshund." Vet technician Amanda Dinwiddie, whose husband has bred and sold pit bulls in the past, and shelter co-director Tena Layton, an owner of multiple pit bulls, are 100% responsible for misleading the sheriff, media and public about the breeds involved in this deadly attack."
Surprised?

Old 05-20-2018, 04:14 PM

23,353 posts, read 18,930,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marino760 View Post

Truly sad. The dogs as well as the woman ended up victimized. Seven by stigma and one by abuse.

Old 05-20-2018, 04:30 PM

88,649 posts, read 84,943,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John1960 View Post
One of the dogs even went after first responders

They weighed no more than 40 pounds each and reached just up to one's knees, but all together, a pack of seven dachshunds proved a deadly force in Oklahoma. Carter County Sheriff Chris Bryant says 52-year-old Tracy Garcia was mauled and killed Thursday night by her neighbor's dogs near her home outside Ardmore, KXII reports.

Oklahoma Woman Killed After Attack by 7 Dachshunds
What an embarrassing way to die.

ETA: OK, I see it wasn't actually dachshunds.

Old 05-20-2018, 04:32 PM

10,400 posts, read 15,599,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OttoR View Post
Surprised?
No, lawyer up ladies......

Old 05-20-2018, 05:48 PM

2,080 posts, read 1,609,515 times
Unless we are given the results of a dna test performed on the dead dogs, or the owner knows for sure what mix they were and discloses it, all assumptions as to the their breeding are just guesses. I don't see anything in the photos that would make me say that the dogs are definitely part pit bull; they could be part Boxer or American Bulldog or even Corgi-Pit Bull crosses. I hope that the dogs' owners are all charged for dog abuse as well as allowing their dogs to run around unfenced and kill a woman. The dogs were infested with ticks and fleas, obviously neglected, allowed to run unfenced in a four-dog pack, which would amplify any feelings of hostility toward the innocent woman they attacked and killed. It could be that if the dogs had been raised separately, in homes that trained them and kept them in good condition and inside a fenced yard, the woman and the dogs would still be alive. We won't ever know that. Obviously, I wish the woman had never been killed...

Old 05-20-2018, 06:17 PM

14,375 posts, read 18,394,351 times
Looking at the photos in this article which states they're pit bulls, one looks like a pit bull and then the rest look like dachshund mixes and one Australian Cattle Dog mix. However, the vet in the story says one of the dogs was an Australian Shepherd mix, which kind of makes me doubt he knows what he's talking about since he probably meant ACD. I don't have a clear view of course, but those jawlines in the photos for the smaller dogs mostly look like dachshund's - not square enough for a pit.

Eventually someone without an agenda will figure this crap out.

How tabloids turned the pits who killed Tracy Garcia into “dachshunds”

Old 05-20-2018, 06:19 PM

1,758 posts, read 5,498,917 times
Whatever breed(s) the dogs were... not knowing the entire story... sounds like another carpy backyard breeder that didn't give a lick about care or training.

Sad...

Old 05-20-2018, 06:32 PM

32,669 posts, read 48,139,958 times
Those are most definately not dachshunds. I don't even think they are dachshund mixes.

They are just generic mongrels. There probably isn't a purebred anything in 3 generations of their heritage. Either there is something short legged somewhere, or they have the dwarfing gene . Legs are not nearly short enough to be dachshund.

I don't think they even look particular like pitbull mixes. Just a result of whatever was allowed to run loose in the area.

With that being said, it would be very possible for seven standard dachshunds to be deadly. Dachsies are tough dogs, bred to fight badgers in close quarters, and seven dogs is a pack with pack mentality going on. Any breed in a pack of seven dogs, accustomed to running loose together, has the potential to be dangerous.

This was a horrible incident. I hope the owner of the dogs is held responsible (if it was routine to let the dogs run loose and it wasn't a horrible accident, like a tree fell and knocked down the dog fence ).

Old 05-20-2018, 11:46 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 15 days ago)

35,657 posts, read 18,015,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oregonwoodsmoke View Post

With that being said, it would be very possible for seven standard dachshunds to be deadly. Dachsies are tough dogs, bred to fight badgers in close quarters, and seven dogs is a pack with pack mentality going on. Any breed in a pack of seven dogs, accustomed to running loose together, has the potential to be dangerous.

This was a horrible incident. I hope the owner of the dogs is held responsible (if it was routine to let the dogs run loose and it wasn't a horrible accident, like a tree fell and knocked down the dog fence ).
NOPE!!!! Nope and nope. 7 dachshunds would NOT be able to take down and kill a very large healthy woman, as was in this story.

There was at least one pit bull in this crowd of dogs. That's all that would be needed to kill a large woman. ONE pit bull.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs