Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-02-2018, 06:13 AM

19,827 posts, read 22,729,238 times

Advertisements

Cause a medium black/white husky in standing heat found big Schnitzel in our front yard last night, lol.

Old 10-02-2018, 09:25 AM

255 posts, read 169,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Threerun View Post
Cause a medium black/white husky in standing heat found big Schnitzel in our front yard last night, lol.
Wow! Two irresponsible owners and now another unplanned litter of unwanted puppies. CONGRATULATIONS! You're part of the problem.

Old 10-02-2018, 09:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OBZB View Post
Wow! Two irresponsible owners and now another unplanned litter of unwanted puppies. CONGRATULATIONS! You're part of the problem.
Umm- my dogs don't leave my property, and my male is uncut because he's a stud. The irresponsible party is the one that let their dog out to roam while in heat. When my female is heat- she doesn't leave the leash and my male gets kenneled in a far room.

Wow- what an unbelievable thing to say.

Old 10-02-2018, 10:04 AM

255 posts, read 169,338 times
Quote:
Umm- my dogs don't leave my property, and my male is uncut because he's a stud. The irresponsible party is the one that let their dog out to roam while in heat. When my female is heat- she doesn't leave the leash and my male gets kenneled in a far room.

Wow- what an unbelievable thing to say.
You still have a responsibility to make certain that your intact male does not procreate unintentionally! Clearly, you weren't watching him close enough to prevent a mating! While I believe intact animals are healthier, you are a prime example of why I always say MOST owners are not responsible enough to handle an intact dog! This is why we have intrusive laws requiring spay/neuter.

Old 10-02-2018, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OBZB View Post
You still have a responsibility to make certain that your intact male does not procreate unintentionally! Clearly, you weren't watching him close enough to prevent a mating! While I believe intact animals are healthier, you are a prime example of why I always say MOST owners are not responsible enough to handle an intact dog! This is why we have intrusive laws requiring spay/neuter.
Oh my.. Really? I have to control my dog AND theirs? My dogs have 10 acres. They are contained to that area. I don't babysit my dogs outside when they are out, oh hours at a time. Plus it was MIDNIGHT.

Second of all- my wife is pretty sure its our 3 properties down neighbor who owns the dog and they have chickens, horses, goats and cows- I'm pretty sure they are well equipped to whelp a litter and find them homes (if they so desire). It doesn't surprise me that it's theirs- their horse finds his way to our septic field for green grass.

Old 10-02-2018, 10:39 AM

13,931 posts, read 39,337,621 times
Call the Females owners & Offer to Pay for the Morning After Pill YES they have them for Dogs! No Pups! BUT They will need to keep her locked up for several Weeks! Keep your Stud locked up too!!

https://www.bing.com/search?q=Birth+...bd45535d7b2030

Old 10-02-2018, 11:05 AM

3,179 posts, read 2,137,118 times
Quote:
There is no ‘lol’ about this. You are just another irresponsible owner. Maybe you should walk through a kill shelter in the spring and see all the litters of puppies. Any reason your dog isn’t fixed?

Old 10-02-2018, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz22 View Post
There is no ‘lol’ about this. You are just another irresponsible owner. Maybe you should walk through a kill shelter in the spring and see all the litters of puppies. Any reason your dog isn’t fixed?
Quote:
See bold

Old 10-02-2018, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie1 View Post
Call the Females owners & Offer to Pay for the Morning After Pill YES they have them for Dogs! No Pups! BUT They will need to keep her locked up for several Weeks! Keep your Stud locked up too!!

https://www.bing.com/search?q=Birth+...bd45535d7b2030
Why on Earth would I pay for anything? This is the 'LAW'.

https://www.lccountymt.gov/sheriff/p...l-control.html

Restraint (4-2006-13): All dogs in the dog control district must be on their owners property, in a vehicle, on a leash or under voice control at all times.

Old 10-02-2018, 11:33 AM

838 posts, read 556,409 times
I'm with you, Threerun. There are a lot of people on CD who don't know how to share their opinions without being poopy-heads. My guess is their circle of friends is small or they have short shelf lives.

Your dog was under your control in your yard. The end. The irresponsible party here are the owners of the in-heat female.

I really don't understand the argument. If my dog was going potty on my private property and was attacked by a neighbors dog or cat, it would be my fault and I should pay my neighbors for any injuries their pet suffered at the hands of my dog defending itself? I think not. I'll see them on Judge Judy first.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs