Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-26-2019, 10:16 PM

220 posts, read 133,779 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by peabodyn View Post
See if the owner will let you give the dog a treat - maybe it won't hate you so much...

No way! Most of the time the owner needs to hide to keep him from barking. He has to hold the dog with 2 hands to keep him back. The dog needs a Xanax.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2019, 04:15 AM

593 posts, read 1,795,289 times
I have a Chihuahua and she's extremely aggressive. I've tried everything to calm her down, but nothing works! She will bear teeth and charge people...She's something else! But, she's spoiled rotten and loved to pieces.. She's loving with us, but she's going to get her a mailman someday...

Old 12-30-2019, 04:55 PM

3,696 posts, read 2,897,496 times
I second the suggestion on the device.

One of my friends lives in an apartment building and has a dog which she walks at regular intervals so he can do his business. Unfortunately, there is a very aggressive rat terrier in her building that pretty much all the residents have complained about. This rat terrier bursts into a fit of barking at anyone walking by, growls at people, lunges at both people and other dogs, and snaps at children. I'm amazed that nobody has been bitten as of yet but the owners have been able (thus far) to physically restrain the dog.

My friend tried several of the ultrasonic dog repellent devices and found that the Quenta one works the best. The rat terrier's owners are not happy that she has the device because after she uses it the rat terrier goes even more bats_t once they get him back into their own apartment but that is their own problem for having such a poorly trained dog.

The rat terrier doesn't lunge/growl or snap at my friend or her dog anymore since being 'trained' with the ultrasonic device.

Unfortunately it's not a rare phenomenon to see poorly trained small dogs. People who have small dogs tolerate behavior from them that would never be tolerated from a larger dog.

Old 12-30-2019, 08:46 PM

220 posts, read 133,779 times
Just ordered the device today. There were tons to choose from and was waiting for my question to be answered on the devices. Not all reviews are legitimate I heard on Amazon.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs