Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-12-2021, 01:28 PM

25,999 posts, read 22,187,436 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla View Post
I think emotionally balanced people are capable of loving their spouses and loving their dogs without making comparisons about who they "love more."
I think those with a sense of humor, and a dog/spouse can understand where the OP comes from.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2021, 02:08 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,796,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
I think those with a sense of humor, and a dog/spouse can understand where the OP comes from.
Oh, I see the "humor" in statements like this just fine. I just don't find it funny.

Quote:
Here's how you can ascertain who loves you more, As they say - Lock your spouse and your dog in your car trunk . Come back in an hour and see who is happy to see you.
ETA the original post, on the other hand, really didn't read like humor at all.

Last edited by Metlakatla; 11-12-2021 at 03:13 PM..

Old 11-14-2021, 02:33 PM

1,912 posts, read 1,134,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestGuest View Post
So why do I love them so much?

I loved my parents' Standard Poodle SO much. She (the Standard Poodle) was beautiful, brilliant, personable and loyal, and she didn't nag, fuss or create drama. And she was 100% dependent on whoever was taking care of her--thus, me from time to time.

It's only natural to love someone who has those characteristics.

But the love that we have for our canine family members is different from the love that we have for our human family members.

Old 11-14-2021, 08:48 PM

1,515 posts, read 1,531,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla View Post
Oh, I see the "humor" in statements like this just fine. I just don't find it funny.

ETA the original post, on the other hand, really didn't read like humor at all.

Well ok my wife and i chuckled over it but my dog wasnt impressed either. Perhaps you had some bad experience. It was just a light-hearted post perhaps worth a few seconds reflection.

Old 11-14-2021, 10:10 PM

3,633 posts, read 6,182,164 times
Quote:
I mean is it oK? I love my wife - she's honest warm attractive ..but she's a human. She can't help it.
You say "she can't help it" like that's some kind of defect that you overlook out of the kindness of your heart. What a weird thing to precede with "but..." Gee, it's nice that you can love her in spite of her species.

Haven't you ever known any dogs that bit people, or annoyed the neighbors by barking incessantly, or ruined furniture, or repeatedly dug holes under the fence and escaped, or any of the other myriad things dogs can do that are not so lovable?

I've been fortunate to have wonderful dogs with none of those traits, but I've know plenty of friends' dogs that I would not want to own myself, and I certainly have never confused or equated the kind of love I have for my animals with the kind I have for my humans.

Old 11-14-2021, 10:13 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,796,091 times
Quote:
Well ok my wife and i chuckled over it but my dog wasnt impressed either. Perhaps you had some bad experience. It was just a light-hearted post perhaps worth a few seconds reflection.
No, no big deal like that. Different people just find different things funny, or not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs