Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-22-2008, 10:35 PM

1 posts, read 1,669 times

Advertisements

Black Mouth Cur - there are MANY different types of Cur dogs. I have had my Cur mistaken for shepherd/boxer and even pit. I believe that she is a Cur dog because of her personality traits. Look up Black Mouth Cur and read about their traits. They are different from shepherds, boxers and pits. They are very wonderful dogs that need ALOT of exercise.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2008, 10:44 PM

947 posts, read 3,408,317 times
I was gonna say boxer/pit mix...???

oh and she is so cute!!! cograt on new pup!

Old 11-23-2008, 12:04 AM

4,334 posts, read 13,658,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newteacher View Post
I'm not sure either, but she is a smart one. She actually got out of her crate today. She somehow pushed against the back and moved it away from the wall, then popped out the back panel! She had the run of the house all day, and the only thing she did wrong was she tore up some tissues, and had 1 accident right by the door! She drug her blanket out and laid it down by my other dog's crate, along with all of her toys. Considering she was alone for 7 hours, and she's only three months old, I am very relieved that's all she did! Tomorow, her crate is getting reinforced with zip ties!
Be careful, I know of a dog who died from trying to escape a crate. The dog popped a part of one of the panels and got her head stuck and could not back out of the situation. It was like that while the people were not around and lost its life. You need a good thick sturdy built one. This is very important. Some are made thin and not built good. Zip ties could get chewed off and eaten and their is wire in those. My good big crate cost me over 100 dollars some years ago but I knew my pet was safe. I myself even have a real hard time collapsing it. I think I got it in PetGoods when I was living in Jersey.
Good luck with the new pup, she is tooo cute and looks like a boxer maybe shepard mix. Adorable!

Old 11-24-2008, 12:04 PM

821 posts, read 2,037,792 times
too cute

Old 11-24-2008, 12:07 PM

1 posts, read 1,616 times
From the color and its distribution, the shape of its head and muzzle, even its dewclaws all appear like my black mouth cur if she were still a pup. Check the roof of her mouth for black skin-seems like the more black there the 'smarter' they are-I know, not very scientific but I have found it to be true noneless.

Give her plenty of lovin and strong leadership and she will return many happy memories. Enjoy.

Old 11-24-2008, 12:43 PM

3,722 posts, read 4,308,053 times
I can see the boxer, not sure what else.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs