Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2008, 09:27 PM

692 posts, read 3,856,109 times

Advertisements

Today was another adoption (pictures to come) and Britches had the absolute best time after the adoption was over. The doors were locked and we stayed behind to clean and relax a little. He slept, found a huge bone..but found a new favorite friend. No matter how much fun he had with Mr. Dino he had to stay behind. It was so loud we would all be climbing out of windows to get away from the noise!
Everything started off normal..

He was helping me check the donation jars for any left overs..we need paper towels lol so were looking for moola.

Then.. Dun Dun Dun he found Mr. Dino!

And the real fun began

The running

Head Butting

and throwing all started!

So I thought "oh I'll get on the floor, take a break, and play with him" to my surprise he was NOT joking when I said PLAY!

He actually was in my lap after that last pictures. Right onto my stomach as I let out a "CRAAAP!" lol

Here is the video. I appologize for it moving around so much, but I was holding the camera with one hand, laying on my back, fighting him off and also playing with the toy. SOOOoooooo you'll just have to live. haha And yes the music is funny in the background. We were closed and I turned on the radio..The music is actually pretty fitting if you think about it.

After that he was a sad puppy. I told him I wasn't playing any more..he was pulling on my hair and I needed to get back to cleaning..

Oh and a picture of the collar I made for him. Didn't help in getting him adopted though. *sigh*

*Ok that's all*
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2008, 10:25 PM

8,200 posts, read 35,462,852 times
I played this for my dogs, and Dubh came running up to watch Britches on the screen! Okay, she was mainly interested in the squeaking !

Still amazed that nobody has snapped up that little cutie!

Old 06-08-2008, 02:40 AM

5,981 posts, read 18,273,106 times
My lord...I'm just about ready to make a run to Texas and scoop that boy up! He is SO incredibly personable! The perfect home for him is out there somewhere...fate will have to intervene to match the two up, but kudos to ya'll for being there and giving him such great exposure. Teddie, your rescue should fall down and kiss your feet - you are ALWAYS out doing something for the dogs. CLAP CLAP CLAP!!!!

Old 06-08-2008, 07:24 AM

960 posts, read 1,688,124 times
If I were fostering Britches, I know I wouldn't be able to let him go to another home. Britches is such a great dog! Give that little monster big hugs for me.

Old 06-08-2008, 10:25 AM

5,094 posts, read 12,590,447 times
Thanks for more wonderful photos. I join the others in saying I do not know why no one has adopted him yet as what a cute pup and his personality shines in those photos. Oh well his not being adopted means more photos for us to all enjoy!

Old 06-08-2008, 12:32 PM

692 posts, read 3,856,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam I Am View Post
My lord...I'm just about ready to make a run to Texas and scoop that boy up! He is SO incredibly personable! The perfect home for him is out there somewhere...fate will have to intervene to match the two up, but kudos to ya'll for being there and giving him such great exposure. Teddie, your rescue should fall down and kiss your feet - you are ALWAYS out doing something for the dogs. CLAP CLAP CLAP!!!!
Thank you Sam. That means a lot coming from another rescue worker; not needed though. But thank you.

Come one down! Discount? Will that get you here faster? LOL Much longer he might just fit right into the pack...But we can't go and have that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dashdog View Post
Thanks for more wonderful photos. I join the others in saying I do not know why no one has adopted him yet as what a cute pup and his personality shines in those photos. Oh well his not being adopted means more photos for us to all enjoy!
I have to jump right in and say I don't understand either. He's (hate to brag), the most well behaved, trained, and friendly dog/pup we have up at our adoptions. I swear the bully face turns people off from the start.

THANK YOU EVERYONE!

Old 06-08-2008, 08:06 PM

1,257 posts, read 4,576,309 times
Again. I would say if I work at home or stay at home full time, I would do whatever takes to adopt Britches. Sometime, I do hate my job. BTW, TeddieXRuxpin, you made a beautiful collar for him. At least, he is happy with you. I think he will find a good home soon.

Old 06-08-2008, 08:43 PM

1,310 posts, read 6,558,182 times
Thanks Teddie! I got all excited to see a new Britches thread!

I love the collar!

Hard for me too to see how people can't see past the bully face. Truthfully for me, it's the bully face that attracts me.

Old 06-08-2008, 10:39 PM

426 posts, read 1,570,918 times
Awww! What a cutie he is! Was he squeaking the toy in tune to the song? LOL

Old 06-09-2008, 11:02 PM

298 posts, read 704,570 times
I think perhaps adorable Britches has already found his forever home and is just waiting for you to figure it out!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs