Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-09-2008, 01:14 PM

5,979 posts, read 19,905,350 times

Advertisements

Dash - it's hard to get angry when you live in such a beautiful place!

From an ex-Californian who misses Solvang!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2008, 02:58 PM

4,627 posts, read 10,476,934 times
SuSuSushi, I like the term angry monkey day. Nice, Susu, I like that one, too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dashdog View Post
I just can not believe that people claim they do not get angry as I think they do even if it is for a fleeting moment.
Well, we're all different, thank goodness.

Just like World Citizen mentioned, I had a dog once, who - during my trip to the grocer - had eaten through the drywall completely to the studs, and torn out insulation. He was a Shar Pai, my beautiful Riley dog.

No, I did not get angry at him - with drywall spackled all over his snout, him hanging his head and wagging his tail. He broke my heart, because at that stage of my life I just did not know how to handle that, or make him feel safe from abandonment (a rescue dog, he was). But no, I did not get angry at him. It is possible to direct anger or frustration at the right issue.

Then there's my pup I have now. OMG, this critter was so stubborn as a puppy I came close to throttling his tiny little neck. Very defiant creature, whom I love very dearly. Ooops, I guess that proves your statement, doesn't it!?!

Old 09-09-2008, 03:11 PM

3,493 posts, read 7,940,327 times
I definitely get angry with my guy sometimes. It infuriates me when he darts out the door and runs in crazy circles in the yard as I'm scared to death that he will run into the street and get hit by a car. He always runs right back into the house after he makes about three wild loops in the yard, but I wish he would listen! The episodes are infrequent and brief, but each one takes days off my life! Grrrrrrrrr..........

Old 09-09-2008, 03:42 PM

5,981 posts, read 18,279,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuSuSushi View Post
OP: I call the kind of day you're having an "angry monkey day". It's the kind of day when you want to hoot and scream and bang on things like a monkey, and throw poo at everyone.
Soooooo off topic...but I LOVE this! I am the original Angry Monkey many days!

Thanks, Susu, for making me laugh out loud! Reps to you!

Old 10-08-2016, 07:31 PM

1 posts, read 762 times
Oh please, dogs are smarter than we give them credit for and they do things that drive me crazy. I don't like my dog, she's manipulative and tears up things when she get's mad or bored.

Old 10-09-2016, 12:35 AM

3,631 posts, read 7,677,965 times
Yes, I do get angry and it usually involves barking and then everyone has to come back in the house. Indoor bad behaviors while sometimes frustrating can usually be traced back to some precaution I failed to take so they kind of just are what they are. I really don't put much blame on the dogs if I failed to keep something enticing out of reach ect.

Old 10-09-2016, 06:55 AM

12,016 posts, read 12,775,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raggy dee Ann View Post
I'm having the day from hell. On my way home round about noon I was pulled over by the police who said I had no brake lights. I told the officer I was just a few blocks from my home and that I had no idea that my lights were out (both lights were out) and I would NEVER DRIVE with no brake lights and told him I would drive it home and get the brake lights fixed right outside my home. He said boo hoo, I said how was I to know. He said I ought to check my lights before I get into the car. I said b***s**t who checks their break lights before they get into a car. He said I do. That's when I wanted to slap the pathetic SOB. Actually I wanted to do worse but that would get me arrested and a whole lotta time in the clinger.

I didn't mention that before I left home round about 10:15 am I couldn't find my house keys but because I HAD to leave, I left with my front door closed but not locked. I picked up a spare key from my sister at her office and then headed for home (just 15 mins from whre I live) ...that's when I got stopped just a few blocks away from home.

Entered house just to find that a DVD I had ordered on Line had been delivered and my dogs had torn the package open, opened the case and had started chewing on one of the DVD's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (there were two DVDs...4 different movies, even though I only ordered one. Luckily the one I wanted is ok, but I am still really mad at them

Anyone else have days when you don't like your dogs.

Sorry for spelling mistakes, no time to check gonna have dinner and a stif drink. (I'm in London so there is a time difference).
First of all you should tell the cop that you have no way to check the brake light because you have to step on the brake to activate it and you can't be behind your car to look at it while you are in your car stepping on the brakes.

I get a little upset with the dogs on occasion, but I always love them and like them. They are good guys and never destroy anything. I taught them well, if they did something wrong I put them in time out. I can't remember the last time I had to put them in time out.

Old 10-09-2016, 07:00 AM

44,259 posts, read 64,404,948 times
"Did you know your brake light is out?"

"Uh, no, because I drive on the INSIDE of the car."

Old 10-09-2016, 10:23 AM

32,668 posts, read 48,104,757 times
OK, those of you who don't know how to check your brake lights.

The easiest way is to have someone else stand behind you and tell you whether the lights are working or not. If there is no one else, you check them in the reflection of a window.

It's dangerous to drive around with assorted tail lights not working. take at least a minimum of a few seconds to care about your own safety. --- and it is not OK to be angry with the police becasue you are too lazy to check that your vehicle is safe.

Check the oil level while you are at it, to save yourself a few thousand dollars in repairs. Living life oblivious to anything and everything around you isn't safe and it tends to be expensive and fraught with difficulties that you have brought upon yourself.

Wait...back on topic: I occasionally get angry at some behavior from the dogs, but it the behavior I am angry at and not the dogs themselves. If my dogs do something bad or destructive, it almost always comes down to a management issue, which means it is my fault that whatever it was happened.

Old 10-09-2016, 11:10 AM

12,016 posts, read 12,775,678 times
Next time you get your oil changed ask them to check all your lights. I get my oil changed at Walmart and they will check them and replace them for you for free if you buy the replacement bulbs at the store.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs