Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-11-2008, 03:30 PM

59 posts, read 2,225,502 times

Advertisements

I need a recipe for making a glaze, frosting, or icing to decorate my homemade dog biscuits. I have a bag of toasted carob powder that I can use but I don't know how to make it. I usually make them plain for my dog but I would like to bake some for my friend's dogs and would like to decorate them. I tried mixing carob powder with water and brush the biscuits with the mixture, but when the icing cools, it crackles and looks dull.
Any tips or suggestions will be greatly appreciated

D'kota
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2008, 04:16 PM

3,724 posts, read 9,335,191 times
You could try mixing the powder with raw egg white, or if you don't want to use raw egg, try the powdered egg stuff. We used to have a lot of it, but the ones who ended up with most of it were the dogs. Didn't taste very good, IMO, but I'm not a dog, either.

Old 09-11-2008, 08:56 PM

3,493 posts, read 7,947,586 times
Get powdered egg white and follow the directions for making icing. It just calls for the egg white powder, water and a drop or two of glycerin if you want it to be shiny. That is the nasty stuff they use to ice those brightly colored cookies in the bakery section of the grocery store that always look better than they taste (except they add sugar and loads of food color)

Old 09-11-2008, 09:55 PM

59 posts, read 2,225,502 times
Default Good Ideas

Thanks girls for your tips. I wonder if I can find the powder egg whites at a regular store like Albertsons. I think I still have some glycerin from when I made bread dough flowers. I always wondered how they made the icing on those chocolate donuts shine so nice.

Thanks again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs