Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-02-2009, 01:42 PM

1,222 posts, read 4,607,564 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keliko View Post
I'm all for responsible breeding(pets that have been health certified, trained, registered, working on their CH, guaranteed at least up to a year, willing to take back and find a better home for it, by breeders who understand what they are doing).
But I hate random people all the time talking about breeding their dogs(these dogs have no papers, no health exams or certifications, no training, and most of the time, people are creating mutts based on "they'll look so cool, pretty, etc...").

This morning, a lady in a truck noticed Diamond in the backseat and pulled her boxer on her lap. Told me her boxer was 11 months old (about 60 lbs, slightly larger than Diamond), she's going to breed her when she's one to the bull mastiff in the back, this thing was huge, she told me 150 lbs, "wouldn't they make pretty babies?"
I started telling her the health risks of getting a female pregnant at one, how the puppies and mother might get hurt or die, how bull mastiffs are known for hip and elbow dysplasia, arthritis, etc...that she should really get it checked out, how her dogs are not papered, we do not need anymore mutts in shelters...she ended up telling me to "f*** off" but still I feel like I've tried.
Why would you breed a Boxer with another breed ??? oh no don't get me started !!! lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2009, 03:23 PM

200 posts, read 979,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by millie61 View Post
Why would you breed a Boxer with another breed ??? oh no don't get me started !!! lol
Lol...she probably wanted ginormous hippo looking boxers...or small petite bull mastiffs...either way
I don't understand...
I think Boxers are perfect the way they are...same for Bull Mastiffs

Old 02-02-2009, 07:21 PM

947 posts, read 3,410,871 times
Ugh!!!
It is all disturbing and I hear about this topic a lot as I do work in a grooming salon...

In fact just the other day, a young adult came in just for nail trim, with her Pit Bull. She went on to say that her male dog is over 2 yrs old, and never been out ... (of the house/home/yard I guess she meant ... ), Ugh!
Anyway, dog was ok as far as no biting but really nervous, long nails etc.

Then after we mentioned that there is a low cost Spay/Neuter clinic around, She said... brace yourself!!! ....

??Why would I want to get him neutered????

Oh people!
Well, lots of reasons. Not to mention just for the shear fact that so so so many pits are killed from fighting dog rings and a result of being part of the fight dogs that cannot be rehabilitated.
Mellow them out, they'll live longer... etc etc etc!

Stupid!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs