Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-12-2009, 09:37 AM

10 posts, read 31,904 times

Advertisements

I have a big problem with the neighbors dogs. They're 2 boxers and the owners let them run free all the time. My husband has gone over to talk to them about it several times but it has not helped. She claims they never leave the yard. Give me a break! They are always in the road and cars have to stop all the time and blow the horn for them to move.

I was sitting on the patio and watched the dog walk right into another neighbors house. I could not believe my eyes. so you can't leave the patio door open at all. One neighbor put a chain link fence around the back side of her home just so she could have some peace without having to run the dogs off. I do think we should have to put up a fence to keep the dogs out.

I am so tired of having to clean poop off the patio and our shoes! I am waiting on a call from animal control now, I have had it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2009, 09:47 AM

452 posts, read 1,725,915 times
Sounds like you're on the right track! If you live where there are LAWS and restrictions on animals, animal control should be able to help out. Hit 'em where it hurts..the pocket book. If those neighbors only knew that they'd be held legally responsible if one of those dogs caused harm or damage....they just might listen up. If animal control cannot help...contact your city or county representative. They want your vote. I'm betting they don't keep up on rabies vacs either. Which is against most state laws.

Old 05-12-2009, 09:56 AM

177 posts, read 758,601 times
Yes, if you've already called Animal Control, that's a step in the right direction. Hopefully they'll be able to give these people a lecture and shame them into being responsible owners. HOPEFULLY.

We're going through a similar thing in our neighborhood. A woman's little dog got out twice in one day, nearly got hit by cars, and then the woman wasn't even grateful when we returned him to her. She even told us we should keep him! Next time, we will be calling Animal Control for them to return the dog to her and knock some sense into her.

Seriously, I don't know why anyone would let their dogs just run around like that.

You might have to put up a fence for your property like you said, although it's annoying that you get punished and make sacrifices for someone else's mistakes. I can't picture what it's like to not have fenced yards myself (living in California).

Good luck!

Old 05-12-2009, 10:08 AM

10,090 posts, read 42,479,295 times
I once had an animal control officer tell me, in order to get through to some people...hitting them in the wallet works the best. Obviously your husband speaking with them had little effect...so you were right to call animal control. Start taking pictures as well to document their being loose and have the date and time stamp on the photos.

LOL....dogs...double the fines!

Old 05-12-2009, 10:15 AM

452 posts, read 1,725,915 times
We get lost dogs coming to our area ALL the time..esp in the spring. Dogs run loose from the trailer park down the road and then...suddenly...disappear. We've rescued half a dozen in the last two years and it's amazing...not ONE owner placed an ad...we did and they called us. Makes you wanna bop someone up the side of the head.

I have had animal control come here to get them a couple of times...but I always place an ad telling the owner where to look. People! What's the deal with 'em???

Old 05-12-2009, 01:09 PM

1,280 posts, read 6,985,589 times
Could you videotape their dogs roaming around? It might help if they deny that it's their dogs causing the trouble...

Old 05-12-2009, 01:23 PM

4,334 posts, read 13,679,158 times
Report them! Just remember one thing, it is not the poor dogs fault! It is always the owners fault!
Hope those idiots will become more responsible for the welfare of their dogs.

Old 05-12-2009, 01:26 PM

371 posts, read 939,973 times
Gather up all the poop and put it back on there front porch right by the front door...That's what I would do...

Old 05-13-2009, 08:59 AM

10 posts, read 31,904 times
AC came by this morning to talk to me. They also went to the neighbor and gave her a warning about the dog(s) roaming free. This morning I woke up to find that the neighbors dog now has a couple of friends running with him.

In other news <sigh>, I discovered that we now have fleas on the patio from these lovely creatures. I'll have to work on getting rid of them today because I don't want them to get inside the house. This is funny (not really). I have a flee problem and I do not have a dog.

Thanks for the suggestions. I have started to take pictures and videoing them roaming the neighborhood.

Last edited by Addie0023; 05-13-2009 at 09:19 AM..

Old 05-13-2009, 11:16 AM

10,090 posts, read 42,479,295 times
Keep calling animal control should you see them out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs