Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-22-2009, 10:59 AM

5,245 posts, read 16,441,838 times

Advertisements

Pitbull Wins National “Dog of Valor” Award - VIDEO :For the Love of the Dog

On top of me loving this because it shows the true nature of a dog when it's properly raised and has nothing to do with it's breed, the boy also looks identical to my pit, Diva. I mean, they could be twins!!

Quote:
In December when I told you about D-Boy, he was recovering from three gunshot wounds that he took protecting his family. To them, his status as a hero is a given but it’s awfully sweet to get the recognition that the HSUS’ “Dog of Valor” award gives him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2009, 11:17 AM
c99

237 posts, read 1,043,013 times
What a special dog. Thanks for sharing this story. It's so nice that a pit received this award, and even better that the breed is being positively spotlighted.

Old 05-22-2009, 01:24 PM

17,823 posts, read 23,472,372 times
Thanks for posting this story. I completely agree that breed has absolutely nothing to do with a dog's behavior. Whenever I hear or read about a dog attack or a dog behaving badly, my first inclination is to blame the owner, not the dog. D-Boy is a hero, in every sense of the word, and I am glad to see the media recognition he deserves.

Old 05-23-2009, 07:49 AM

5,014 posts, read 10,708,041 times
People can turn any dog vicious. It's just that those people have chosen pits b/c of their strength, and it's the same with rotties, dobies, shepherds, etc.
I think it's just so revolting how people victimize these dogs--first by turning them vicious (let's face it, the person who is feeding you has a lot of power over your behavior) and then again by labeling them as vicious and treating them like pariahs.
I still find it so amazing that, as a society, we are so aware when this process occurs with people--and how unjust it is--and yet, when it comes to dogs, no one seems to notice (or care?)
My only hope is that someone finally passes effective (i.e.tough) legislation that punishes an irresponsible owner rather than an obedient dog. And maybe we should coin the term "breedist" to refer to people who are racist against certain breeds of dogs.

Old 05-23-2009, 08:19 AM

4,550 posts, read 11,704,888 times
Yay for this puppy dog
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs