Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-13-2009, 10:31 AM

9,352 posts, read 20,047,429 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chele123 View Post
I thought that too! Are Bailey's legs thick? Sandy has very thick bones/legs. Sandy is supposed to weigh 50 pounds; she weighed 49 in the third pic!
yeah ... her legs are thick and strong ... but short for her body.... particularly the front ones..... when she sits, she is always sideways on one of her hips....
she is also very muscular through her chest, shoulders and neck..... her neck is so thick that she is able to slip her collar over her head..... if i kept the collar tight enough to prevent that, it would be too tight on her neck..... i don't know if she doesn't realize this or just doesn't push the issue..... because she has never done it..... but to be safe, she is now in a harness when we go out.....

she got up to about 65 lbs over the last year or so.... (we BOTH got pretty chunky) .... we have been diligent about diet and exercise since late february (for her at least)..... and the last time she was weighed, she was down to 58.... i suspect that she may be down to about 55 or so now....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2009, 04:15 PM

1,787 posts, read 3,852,758 times
The rescue said Sandy is a Heeler/Brittany mix. Because of her hair coat and pattern, they could be right. Maybe that is what Bailey is too?

Old 09-13-2009, 04:38 PM

216 posts, read 682,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by latetotheparty View Post
bailey ..... supposed to be a red heeler / cattle dog mix... but with what.... never mind that she is a little chubby right now......

sorry .... can't resist posting pix of the fur kids at every opportunity either.....

and here is dave .... the new kid (10 months old) ..... aka davey-long-legs.... momma is supposed to be a lab or predominantly lab.... daddy is anyone's guess:

You know what I am going to say...heeler X orange belton English Setter!

Old 09-13-2009, 04:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by groar View Post
there's been a lot of "what breeds do you think are in my mutt's past" threads lately, and i thought it might be fun to have a whole thread dedicated to posting our dogs of unclear ancestry and guessing what might be in other people's dogs genetic makeup.

i'll start with my dog:

she is about 50 lbs. my vet estimates her age at about 6 or 7 so the grey is probably just her markings. she doesn't shed.

i have my theories but i'll save them for now.
Oh, I'll play...I think you have the rare and valuable designer dog...a Labradoodle!

Old 09-13-2009, 04:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomSD View Post

I think more is mixed in there than was originally thought but it doesn't matter he's a good boy.

I'll guess Boxer X yellow Lab.

Old 09-13-2009, 04:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hepcat View Post
You know what I am going to say...heeler X orange belton English Setter!
you know .... i checked that breed out the last time you mentioned it because i had never heard of it .... and while she does bear resemblance..... it seems like a pretty high-class (for lack of a better term) breed for this neck of the woods...... we are in a far southern, almost semi-rural suburb of st. louis (as is the shelter i adopt from) and trust me..... an unusual breed such as that one would be EXTREMELY unlikely around here.....

i do suspect that there is a red heeler somewhere around here that keeps having pups though ..... the boy i went to check out when i ended up with dave is the 4th one i've seen in that shelter since i brought bailey home 4 years ago......

Old 09-13-2009, 04:52 PM

3,074 posts, read 4,729,507 times
How do you post a picture?

Old 09-13-2009, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chele123 View Post
The rescue said Sandy is a Heeler/Brittany mix. Because of her hair coat and pattern, they could be right. Maybe that is what Bailey is too?
could be .... she does LOVE to run through the woods chasing critters.......

Old 09-13-2009, 05:31 PM

1,055 posts, read 4,119,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pawporri View Post
How do you post a picture?
Setup an account somewhere like Photobucket, Picasso, ImageShack, etc. Once your photos are uploaded you will have a URL you can copy and paste into the forums (the little picture icon above where you type your post) to add it to your post.

Old 09-13-2009, 05:36 PM

44,259 posts, read 64,422,020 times
one big thread - post your dogs here and everyone will try to guess their breed mixes-00000043.jpg

Purebred. She's a puppy in this pic (and still is now).

Everyone always asks her what kind of dog she is...dunno why...are they that rare?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs