Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-10-2009, 07:34 PM

1,201 posts, read 4,543,969 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by janetvj View Post
I had never heard of a Blue Heeler (I love dogs but I confess I'm no expert on the various breeds), but I googled them and I agree your Bella sure looks the part. But looking at the way she's sitting she definitely has some Rottie in her!

At my old apartment complex a friend of mine there had a Rottie and that was her boyfriend. She LOVED him....and besides her white chest, longer snout and tail and her being much smaller than him, they looked exactly alike.

She seriously cracks me up with the way she sits some times. I think she thinks shes a person! lol

This was the first night we had her home from the rescue group.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2009, 07:49 PM

1,802 posts, read 8,167,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaime_mac View Post
At my old apartment complex a friend of mine there had a Rottie and that was her boyfriend. She LOVED him....and besides her white chest, longer snout and tail and her being much smaller than him, they looked exactly alike.

She seriously cracks me up with the way she sits some times. I think she thinks shes a person! lol

This was the first night we had her home from the rescue group.....
I was reading another thread on this site and someone mentioned the Entlebucher Mountain Dog (another breed I had never heard of). Your Bella has the right coloring, and her sweet little face seems to have a resemblance as well. I couldn't find a picture that wasn't copyright protected, but google it and tell me what you think.

Old 10-10-2009, 08:52 PM

2,794 posts, read 4,160,070 times
Default Great Thread!

This is my Sebastian, about a month ago. He is bigger & bulkier now, definely has his Daddy's Great Pyrenees build, temperment, & double dew claws. The mama looked like a cur dog, Old Yellar type. Sebastian's tail curls, & he has some black on his tounge.

mod cut

Think this guy is half Sasquatch....

Last edited by Sam I Am; 04-09-2014 at 03:58 AM.. Reason: broken links

Old 10-10-2009, 09:00 PM

1,201 posts, read 4,543,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janetvj View Post
I was reading another thread on this site and someone mentioned the Entlebucher Mountain Dog (another breed I had never heard of). Your Bella has the right coloring, and her sweet little face seems to have a resemblance as well. I couldn't find a picture that wasn't copyright protected, but google it and tell me what you think.

I do see a resemblance, but her chest plate is more marbled which I think she gets from the Blue Heeler and her paws aren't as white as the Entlebucher Mountain Dog. Good call on that though, I've never heard of that kind of dog!

She has a lot of traits that the Rotties and Labs have that I've seen come out in her as she gets older. My landlord has a Black Lab and he bounces everytime someone comes over cuz he's so excited, she does that too but sometimes she bounces a little too high and she's so small she gets some air under her lol

Old 10-10-2009, 11:08 PM

17 posts, read 49,727 times
Default What is Baxter?

This is Baxter - he is 8 weeks old. We were told his mom is a Bernese Mountain Dog and his dad is a boxer. When we went to meet him, there was a female Bernese (who obviously had had pups recently) and a male brindle boxer. Now that we have him home and have had a chance to really look at him...oddly enough all I see is Pitbull puppy (Don't read that wrong - I love Pits and think they make great pets based on the ones I've met at the Dog Park).

Were we fooled? He is a large build puppy and will definately be a big dog when he grows up. Oddly enough he has a very thick under coat with a finer topcoat on his fur. He has dew claws both front and back...not sure what else would help us determine what he is
Attached Thumbnails
one big thread - post your dogs here and everyone will try to guess their breed mixes-5423.jpg  

Old 10-11-2009, 07:33 AM

1,802 posts, read 8,167,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaime_mac View Post
I do see a resemblance, but her chest plate is more marbled which I think she gets from the Blue Heeler and her paws aren't as white as the Entlebucher Mountain Dog. Good call on that though, I've never heard of that kind of dog!

She has a lot of traits that the Rotties and Labs have that I've seen come out in her as she gets older. My landlord has a Black Lab and he bounces everytime someone comes over cuz he's so excited, she does that too but sometimes she bounces a little too high and she's so small she gets some air under her lol
Well, she is adorabe, and so is Buster, by the way. You guys have a great looking family. Enjoy them!

Old 11-11-2009, 09:36 AM

124 posts, read 250,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riley620 View Post
everyone says that one of my other Dog's Zoey looks like a dingo

As for Duke the vet says she sees Lab and Pit in him
one big thread - post your dogs here and everyone will try to guess their breed mixes-100_1583.jpg

this is lab and pit

Old 11-11-2009, 09:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProbertsMama View Post
This is Baxter - he is 8 weeks old. We were told his mom is a Bernese Mountain Dog and his dad is a boxer. When we went to meet him, there was a female Bernese (who obviously had had pups recently) and a male brindle boxer. Now that we have him home and have had a chance to really look at him...oddly enough all I see is Pitbull puppy (Don't read that wrong - I love Pits and think they make great pets based on the ones I've met at the Dog Park).

Were we fooled? He is a large build puppy and will definately be a big dog when he grows up. Oddly enough he has a very thick under coat with a finer topcoat on his fur. He has dew claws both front and back...not sure what else would help us determine what he is

mod cut
Do you know if the boxer was white ?

if this is your mix along with boxer he has to go 100 lbs. and a pit doesnt have an undercoat. I have what I believe to be pit / lab strong gentle dog good with my kids grabs me when playing with rope and never harmful. I would like to see more pics as pup grows . Interesting mix . both the bernese and boxer are great great dogs. IF it is a pit just be strong willed kind to them. Because they need to be sure your the leader. They are great too.

Last edited by Sam I Am; 04-09-2014 at 04:00 AM.. Reason: copyright

Old 11-11-2009, 09:46 AM

Default THis might help you

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProbertsMama View Post

Pet Pitbull - Find the Pit Bull take this quick test

Old 11-11-2009, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KsStorm View Post
This is my Sebastian, about a month ago. He is bigger & bulkier now, definely has his Daddy's Great Pyrenees build, temperment, & double dew claws. The mama looked like a cur dog, Old Yellar type. Sebastian's tail curls, & he has some black on his tounge.

Think this guy is half Sasquatch....
sasquatch looks like a wolf hound or those swimmerdogs aaaa newfoundland
kinda is sebastian gaurding the fort there ... . no bad guys are getting in there huh
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs