Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-06-2009, 10:24 AM

4,231 posts, read 15,433,671 times

Advertisements

Missing Dog Found 10 Years, 1,300 Miles Later | NBC Washington

Incredible story!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2009, 11:41 AM

13,395 posts, read 45,047,317 times
Oh my gosh. What story. It reminds me of Incredible Journey.

All lost dogs have such a tale to tell, but there is so little that we will ever know.

Old 10-06-2009, 02:09 PM

5,296 posts, read 7,242,522 times
Wink ....maybe he didn't like football??..joking...

Seriously....What a wonderful ending.

Old 10-06-2009, 09:32 PM

1,458 posts, read 4,135,525 times
Great story!

My neighbors had a beautiful Irish Setter who disappeared one day. Two and a half years later, the dog showed up in the pound. She still had her collar on with her tags, so they were able to return her to my neighbors! It was amazing, but she had been abused during her absence, and was never the same again.

Old 10-06-2009, 09:59 PM

4,231 posts, read 15,433,671 times
Oh how sad. Heard a story of someone who got a call that his dog was found. He said 'No, my dog is right here' - well, turns out it was a dog he had years ago who had been found in the next town - he went to get the dog who was now older and sick - the dog got along w/ his new dog (who he had recently adopted) - it must have been stolen - he had young children but the older ones remembered the dog. It was bittersweet, I dont know that the dog was skittish but obviously hadnt been to the vet in years as it had been microchipped - but at least they had some closure.

Old 10-07-2009, 05:39 AM

9,352 posts, read 20,047,429 times
i had an elderly rottweiler and a younger beagle boy show up in my yard one day about 3-4 years ago...... took them in to be scanned for chips, and of course, nada..... the rottie's nails were so long he had difficulty walking but it had been such a long time since they had been cut, the quicks had grown out and it was not possible to get them to a reasonable length...... he was EXHAUSTED...... and apparently had some arthritis in his hips and/or back.....

drove them all over my subdivision and the subdivisions a couple of miles through the woods behind my house and no one knew who they were or where they belonged.......

after about a week, i decided to keep the beagle boy and found a rescue in wisconsin for the rottie boy..... i knew he needed more vet care than i could afford at the time.... pesky unemployment......

a couple of days after that, i let bailey and the boys out to the yard to do their business.... this was before my back yard was fenced and i could just let bailey out to do her thing and she would come on back in after investigating the woods a bit........ and the boys just disappeared ...... as quickly and mysteriously as they had appeared...... only hope that they made it back to where they belonged........ but then i worried about THAT as it was apparent that the rottie had not been well cared for.........

Old 10-07-2009, 08:16 AM

43,011 posts, read 108,124,939 times
Beagles take off like that. I adopted a rescue dog from a beagle rescue. They make you sign a contract that the dog will never be outside without a leash and supervision.

As for the OP news story, I've been hesitant to post joyfully. I hope the original owner truly wants him back. 10 years later is a long time.

Old 10-07-2009, 08:21 AM

18,735 posts, read 33,427,167 times
If people went to the trouble to microchip the dog, I imagine they'd want him back unless their personal circumstances had changed dramatically.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs