Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-17-2009, 05:48 AM

43 posts, read 128,988 times

Advertisements

Hi! I'm a huge fan of Animals. I currently have 1 black dog that has a white chest and a little at the tip of its legs. My dog now is named Ebony because it is really dark when it was a puppy. Now it has only learnt Sit, Stay and Shake Hands.

It is kinda lonely and always barking when I do not play with it for a long time like 3-5 hours. My father has decided to adopt a dog from an Adoption Centre to play with Ebony. He said if the dog he wants is white, he will name it Ivory. I don't want to name it Ivory because it is a Elephant Task and a kinda weird name. And next year for my birthday, May 21, I told my mother I want a Shih Tzu. I want it mostly brown and least white.

The problem is, at first I thought of naming it Snowball. But after a few weeks, I changed my mind and I want to name if Mufflin or Muffin. Moderator cut: off topic
Dog Name Votings :
Snowball
Muffin
Twinkle
Trixie
Cookie
Oreo
Caramel
Fuzzie/Fuzzy
Harmony
Honey
Blizzard
Midnight
Shadow
Star/Starlight
Suki
Hazel
Sparkle

-END of NAMES-

Well I also wanted to name my future dog Cupcake but I already named my soft toy Golden Retriever, Cupcake. So I can't name my dog Cupcake. Moderator cut: off topic
Make a voting of which Dog Name Moderator cut: off topic should I Choose. Don't do it Simply. I'm serious. And when you chose which dog name u like and prefer, say what u like about it and all the info that is a good name. Moderator cut: off topic

Last edited by SouthernBelleInUtah; 10-17-2009 at 07:09 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2013, 05:02 PM

15 posts, read 50,967 times
I like the name Harmony because it means "living together in peace." But that's just my opinion. Oh and by the way, I named my white Sheltie Aurora, and my best friend's white Husky/ Collie is Willow.

Old 10-24-2013, 07:50 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,070,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PetLover321 View Post
He said if the dog he wants is white, he will name it Ivory. I don't want to name it Ivory because it is a Elephant Task and a kinda weird name.

Well Ebony is a tree or a magazine, I think your dad is having fun playing off of the Michael Jackson - Paul MaCartney song Ebony and Ivory: together in perfect harmony etc, etc,. Makes sense to me and isn't that bad of a name.

As for the names you picked, personally I prefer monosyllabic names for our dogs because I want a name that I can call that will stop them in their tracks in an emergency. By the time you get Snowball or Twinkle out your month they'd be half way across the street. Although sNO..ball isn't all that bad when I think about it, depending on how you pronounce it.

So what is my vote... none of them... way too saccharine for my taste.

Quote:
The problem is, at first I thought of naming it Snowball. But after a few weeks, I changed my mind and I want to name if Mufflin or Muffin. Moderator cut: off topic
Dog Name Votings :
Snowball
Muffin
Twinkle
Trixie
Cookie
Oreo
Caramel
Fuzzie/Fuzzy
Harmony
Honey
Blizzard
Midnight
Shadow
Star/Starlight
Suki
Hazel
Sparkle

Old 10-28-2013, 06:45 AM

18,735 posts, read 33,410,912 times
I wonder how many dogs the OP is going to have, if the first one needs more time than OP has?

Old 10-29-2013, 10:22 AM

13,931 posts, read 39,315,008 times
I had Sonny & Cher shelties once LOL Sonny was purchased as future stud dog for my kennel... Cher was a female I kept from my older studs last breeding...Sonny was named by the lady I got him from Cher by my GF LOL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs