Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-21-2009, 01:36 PM

1 posts, read 6,505 times

Advertisements

Anyone out there have bloodhounds? I have an 8 year old female and she's getting these nasty growths on her face. We had most of them removed, but now she has a huge one on her chin that just keeps growing. I took her to the vet, and they said it was a wart, but this thing is nasty and looks like a brain. It's a pinkish color and firm to the touch. I can't find anything about it online. Does anyone know what this could be??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2009, 01:42 PM

10,090 posts, read 42,415,243 times
Don't you trust your vet?

Old 10-21-2009, 02:32 PM

43,011 posts, read 108,030,943 times
Just type 'dog' 'wart' into google image search, and you'll find lots of photos and info.

You should see all of the fatty tumors on my Labrador---one is the size of a grapefruit now.

(Dont' freak out---I said fatty tumors, not warts.)

My lab would need to be put under anesthesia, which is a huge risk I'm not going to take just to make him prettier.

We just need to love our dogs even when they get ugly!

Old 10-21-2009, 04:16 PM

5,245 posts, read 16,426,878 times
Dogs, like people, can contract the papilloma virus that causes warts. Canine warts usually show up in older dogs and look like cauliflower blossoms. Warts are benign and, unlike other growths that may be cancerous, are usually light in color. Take your dog to the veterinarian to be examined for any type of lump you feel under the fur. Based on a physical examination, the vet can determine how best to treat the warts.

Google Image Result for http://i.ehow.com/images/GlobalPhoto/Articles/4875865/wartflickrslothrider544691731-main_Full.jpg

Old 10-21-2009, 04:32 PM

43,011 posts, read 108,030,943 times
Re-read the OP's post. She did take her dog to the vet.

Old 10-21-2009, 04:41 PM

10,090 posts, read 42,415,243 times
Which is why I don't understand why she is asking us what it is. Vet told her was a wart. Am I missing something?

Old 10-21-2009, 04:43 PM

5,245 posts, read 16,426,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopes View Post
Re-read the OP's post. She did take her dog to the vet.
Which she is obviously questioning for some reason. So I posted a link to info of dog warts to see if she can narrow down what he has based on what's in the link, or see that what he has is what's in the link.

Old 10-21-2009, 07:24 PM

1,587 posts, read 7,525,776 times
I have bloodhounds and no strange lumps or bumps.. It does sound like a wart but if growing like that and fast may be a problem..

Dog Skin Warts

Look at attached link.

If need get second opinion or do the biopsy..Could be the queen wart so to say and if get totally removed may kill all others also.

Old 10-21-2009, 09:54 PM

21,353 posts, read 8,449,610 times
I'm guessin' troll, but that's just me.

Old 10-22-2009, 12:25 PM

2,404 posts, read 6,269,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamhunter65 View Post
I have bloodhounds and no strange lumps or bumps.. It does sound like a wart but if growing like that and fast may be a problem..

Dog Skin Warts

Look at attached link.

If need get second opinion or do the biopsy..Could be the queen wart so to say and if get totally removed may kill all others also.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Dreamhunter...

GREAT SITE FOR ALL DOG ISSUES...

Thanks.

Use to own a Bloodhound. She passed away 1 year ago yesterday...what a stubborn sweetheart

She had a ugly wart on her back leg/wrist area. It was pinkish in color. didn't bother her. Vet said not to worry about it. So we didn't.

As our dogs age...sometimes they have weird growths on them. People are the same way.................... just love your dog for who he/she is. So she/he has a wart. If the vet says it's nothing to worry about...then don't worry about it.
Dogs don't look at themselves in the mirror like people do, so your dog doesn't care, it doesn't hurt her/him, so you have nothing to worry about.

Just LOVE your dog. Your Bloodhound is eight years old. That is getting up there, so just appreciate your dog & give it lots of love. That wart DOES NOT take away the sweetness of your dog.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs