Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2009, 08:45 AM

17,330 posts, read 33,064,362 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAK802 View Post
Artie and PC could be long lost brothers! His poops have been weird since the day we got him. It goes from being fine for a few weeks, to soft and so on. I'll never forget when we kept finding small, hard orange things in his poop and thought the worst. Then, we realized it was undigested carrots.

After I picked him up from the pet sitter on Saturday, he had tons of mucus in his poop, so I took him to the vet on Monday, thinking he was sick. That's when we got the diagnosis that he's just stressed (aka drama queen) and didn't like to be left alone for that long. He's been fine since.

The offer to ship him across country for a week still stands, though I advise you to hold your nose when you open the box since his farts will have a chance to collect in there and just might kill you!
LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'll take my chances with the farts. I'd love for Artie to meet his bro, and I'd love to give PC some snuggles. What fun we'd have!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2009, 09:03 AM

3,849 posts, read 9,429,415 times
Ahhhh, your poop threads have inspired me to create a series of barf threads for Beesley. Seriously, last night this dog puked up more than twice what his stomach could POSSIBLY hold.

This new series could get seriously morbid, so I might hold off for a while

Old 11-06-2009, 09:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAtheBanker View Post
Ahhhh, your poop threads have inspired me to create a series of barf threads for Beesley. Seriously, last night this dog puked up more than twice what his stomach could POSSIBLY hold.

This new series could get seriously morbid, so I might hold off for a while
What did I tell you about TMI? That it's NEVER TMI among friends and doggies.

Poor Beesley. I hope he's better soon!

Old 11-06-2009, 09:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DandJ View Post
What did I tell you about TMI? That it's NEVER TMI among friends and doggies.

Poor Beesley. I hope he's better soon!
One word: Onion.

OR

Beesley + Onions = yesterdays breakfast, dinner, the onions, some treats, pieces of rawhide, and bile all in nice little piles on my kitchen floor seeping like a river through the grout lines...

TMI yet???

Old 11-06-2009, 09:20 AM

Quote:
One word: Onion.

OR

Beesley + Onions = yesterdays breakfast, dinner, the onions, some treats, pieces of rawhide, and bile all in nice little piles on my kitchen floor seeping like a river through the grout lines...

TMI yet???
Oh no!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Poor Beesley! Poor you!!!!

(No, not TMI yet. Never.)

You do know that onions are a no-no for dogs, right? Onions are toxic to dogs, the same way chocolate is.

Was that yesterday or today? If yesterday, how is he today?

Old 11-06-2009, 09:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DandJ View Post
Oh no!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Poor Beesley! Poor you!!!!

(No, not TMI yet. Never.)

You do know that onions are a no-no for dogs, right? Onions are toxic to dogs, the same way chocolate is.

Was that yesterday or today? If yesterday, how is he today?
Yeah...um...I didn't give him the onions. He found them. On the counter.

He ate the onions on Wednesday night. I could tell something was wrong as soon as I came hom from work last night. He kept gagging, kind of, but then it would go away. I knew he was going to puke at some point, so I kept him outside or in the kitchen (where it's tiled). I called the 24-hour emergency vet line and talked to a vet tech., who told me he would be fine. He said to just keep my eye on him and if I had to bring him in it would be $117 to start. Yeah, right! I finally put Beesley to bed, went into my room and watched an episode of L & O:SVU (yay!). After, I went to check on him and literally stood there at the doggie gate in awe at what I saw...piles and gobs of puke EVERYWHERE! There Beesley stood, just wagging his tail like the happy dog he is.

He was perfectly fine this morning after waking up at 5 to go have a nice (HUGE) poop

Old 11-06-2009, 09:33 AM

Quote:
Yeah...um...I didn't give him the onions. He found them. On the counter.

He ate the onions on Wednesday night. I could tell something was wrong as soon as I came hom from work last night. He kept gagging, kind of, but then it would go away. I knew he was going to puke at some point, so I kept him outside or in the kitchen (where it's tiled). I called the 24-hour emergency vet line and talked to a vet tech., who told me he would be fine. He said to just keep my eye on him and if I had to bring him in it would be $117 to start. Yeah, right! I finally put Beesley to bed, went into my room and watched an episode of L & O:SVU (yay!). After, I went to check on him and literally stood there at the doggie gate in awe at what I saw...piles and gobs of puke EVERYWHERE! There Beesley stood, just wagging his tail like the happy dog he is.

He was perfectly fine this morning after waking up at 5 to go have a nice (HUGE) poop
Phew! I know it was horrendous for you -- and him -- but I'm so glad that he's perfectly fine this morning. That must've been scary! And YAY for nice (HUGE) poops!

Old 11-06-2009, 09:58 AM

548 posts, read 1,480,568 times
Poop and puke all in one thread?!!! What more could anyone ask for?!!!

Glad all parties are feeling better now.

Old 11-06-2009, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belle77 View Post
Poop and puke all in one thread?!!! What more could anyone ask for?!!!

Glad all parties are feeling better now.
Someone add some gas in here!

Old 11-06-2009, 10:26 AM

2,404 posts, read 6,275,953 times
Default Well since you asked...

We use to have a Bloodhound & a Rott that both ate turds. No matter how well Hubby picked up their poops, they would always find one.
The Rott wasn't use to eating those. The Bloodhound taught him (I guess). Cause he never did it the first 4 years we had him. It started out as eating fudgecicles. He would only eat them if they were frozen. As years went on they would walk along the property together. I'm guessing that's when she taught him...or DARED him to "do it" Who knows what our beloved dogs do & say to each other.
One night around 3 AM we hear somebody in the kitchen getting sick. Hubby went in there to find~~~~~~~~~~~~~~the biggest pile of poop puke you can imagine. UGH Only it wasn't a pile...it was like paint. EVERYWHERE. Took 2 rolls of paper towels to clean up.
A year ago our Bloodhound passed away... do you know, we haven't seen our Rott eat a poop, and he no longer has poop breath.

These dogs of ours.....gotta love'm no matter what.

Good poops & good breath & good stomachs...that's just heaven.
Gas is a whole other story.............................................
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs