Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-22-2009, 06:57 PM

5,094 posts, read 12,593,717 times

Advertisements

Last Saturday while visiting my dad I decided to take the dogs to the Orange County animal shelter for photos with Santa. They were doing it as a fund raiser. I have never done this before as Jazz tried to attack the guy dressed as Big Dog at her first Big dog parade many years ago as a puppy when we attempted a photo with him. She does not see the humor in people dressing up to look odd and even voices her opinion if we are out walking and pass someone that is dressed a bit odd

When we arrived and it was our turn I told Santa not to try grabbing Jazz but rather to let her stand or sit off to his side as close as she is comfortable to be.All three dogs sat and had their ears up the perfect photo except that the woman taking the photos was now busy trying to fix the printer so we waited and waited and they all got bored so by the time she was ready Dazzle had lost interest and would not put his ears back up and we had a hard time getting him to even look at us Despite that the photos came out better then many I have seen with human kids and Santa! I am sharing the two best with all of you and yes Jazz was a good girl as she believes in Santa and loves gifts so wanted to be on his nice list. Santa even told me he appreciated the fact that all 3 were so well behaved so I guess they will be getting lots of goodies from Santa.
Merry Christmas to all from Dazzle, Phoenix and Jazz

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-22-2009, 07:11 PM

10,090 posts, read 42,433,741 times
Merry Christmas Dash! What great, great pics!

Old 12-22-2009, 08:24 PM

5,026 posts, read 15,294,472 times
Beautiful pictures! This was Porkchop's first Santa picture, and I thought he was surely going to maul the guy! He growled, barked and just threw a tantrum! The poor guy couldn't come anywhere near him and my boy reacted like I've never seen! Santa said he's used to dogs, since he's a rescue volunteer, so I picked PC up and put him on his lap. The picture came out great and you would never have guessed what transpired for the 20 minutes prior to the picture being taken! As soon as Santa put him down, he turned around, realized who it was and lost it again! Yes, I'm not so sure we'll be doing that again next year!

Old 12-23-2009, 04:28 AM

9,352 posts, read 20,038,480 times
what GREAT pictures!!

but do i hear dazzle saying in the first picture..... are we done YET mom???

i had a picture of bailey and me taken at fundraising event last spring...... she is SO camera shy that the ONLY way i could get her to look in the direction of the camera was for the photographer to hold a treat over his head while i threw one on the ground in front of her..... was a little busy, but the picture came out pretty well..... especially of her......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs