Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-21-2017, 10:00 AM

1 posts, read 495 times

Advertisements

I need to take my cat and dog from Australia to Brazil. So many questions that I have, but I've already read the essential information. Now the questions that still remain are: Do they get to travel together the whole way? It would be amazing as they are sisters and can support each other.
When there is the stop over anywhere before the second leg, can I see them or can I get reports about their well being?
And as it is a very, very, very long flight, I believe that at some point they are gonna have to go toilet, how does that work?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2017, 12:31 PM

4,286 posts, read 4,768,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viviane Matsuo View Post
I need to take my cat and dog from Australia to Brazil. So many questions that I have, but I've already read the essential information. Now the questions that still remain are: Do they get to travel together the whole way? It would be amazing as they are sisters and can support each other.
When there is the stop over anywhere before the second leg, can I see them or can I get reports about their well being?
And as it is a very, very, very long flight, I believe that at some point they are gonna have to go toilet, how does that work?
Your best bet is to call the airline that they will be flying on and ask these questions.

They will not take them out of the crate during the flight. If they have to go, they will go in their crate. I also doubt you will be able to see them if there is a stop over. You also need to be very careful about the temperature when you fly them.

Old 04-21-2017, 01:21 PM

1,009 posts, read 1,573,644 times
I'd re-home my babies before I'd put them through that.
The heat would be my biggest concern.
Second, I'd be concerned about the baggage handlers and how they deal with my animals.

The most I'd ever consider flying an animal is about three hours on a non-stop flight, and never in summer or winter.
And they'd have to be an incredibly confident and relaxed animal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs