Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-02-2010, 05:48 PM

13 posts, read 70,242 times

Advertisements

The thing is, I own two pitbulls, an American Pit-Bull (7months, Male), and a Red-Nose Pit-bull (8months, Female). Basically, my neighbor has a female Blue Nose Pit-Bull (7months) that is extremely aggressive, and every time I walk my dogs, and he's outside with his dog, he pulls her towards me and my dogs and tells her to "Get Em", and the whole time I yelling at him to leave me and my dogs alone, while his dog is lunging at me and my dogs. My dogs are extremely friendly and have never bitten or snapped at anyone, the male gets along with dogs, but the female doesn't because I rescued her from people who starved, beat , and neglected her. You would think my female would bark and lunge at the dog but she doesn't neither does the male since I correct them every time they bark, jump at someone, etc. Well today I was walking my male dog when my neighbor gets his dog and starts taunting mine, he walks toward me and I tell him to back away, he doesn't, and his dog snaps at my dog and bites his paw. During the whole time my neighbor is laughing. Luckily she didn't cause any damage to my dog. Is there anyway I can report this? If I can report this, what would it be that I'm reporting, harassment? I'm getting sick and tired of having to walk my dogs when my neighbor isn't around. My neighbor is a complete a**hole..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2010, 05:50 PM

9,352 posts, read 20,027,284 times
file a dog bite report with animal control .....

Old 03-02-2010, 06:03 PM

1,439 posts, read 2,919,670 times
Call the police. Don't call 911, but call to speak to an officer who patrols the neighborhood. Tell them what is going on. They will probably ask you to report your dogs injury to Animal Control. In all likelyhood, they are probably already aware of this neighbor of yours about something unrelated like drugs.

Old 03-02-2010, 06:05 PM

1,318 posts, read 5,271,693 times
I cant believe this type of person exists..... I can think of several words that would fit him,but I cant say them here.
I would think you could report him. Do it,or at least call the PD or Animal control. Do something!

Old 03-02-2010, 06:07 PM

5,963 posts, read 12,433,506 times
I agree with the above post. Make sure you are very detailed when reporting this with his behavior when you are walking your dogs. Good luck. Keep us posted. Yes, you are right, your neighbor is a complete a**hole and he is teaching his dog to be aggressive which is not a good thing. I would say carrying a can of pepper spray and threatening to use it may be good but then I'm not sure how this neighbor would react so that's kind of iffy. I think the animal control report would be best to try first.

What State are you in?

Old 03-02-2010, 06:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaskapat528 View Post
I agree with the above post. Make sure you are very detailed when reporting this with his behavior when you are walking your dogs. Good luck. Keep us posted. Yes, you are right, your neighbor is a complete a**hole and he is teaching his dog to be aggressive which is not a good thing. I would say carrying a can of pepper spray and threatening to use it may be good but then I'm not sure how this neighbor would react so that's kind of iffy. I think the animal control report would be best to try first.

What State are you in?
I live in California, and thank you for your responses. So what would I file this under? Harassment?

Old 03-02-2010, 06:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Col.W.Deering View Post
Call the police. Don't call 911, but call to speak to an officer who patrols the neighborhood. Tell them what is going on. They will probably ask you to report your dogs injury to Animal Control. In all likelyhood, they are probably already aware of this neighbor of yours about something unrelated like drugs.
Luckily his dog didn't hurt my dog's paw, I checked it and there was no wound. I'm guessing when I pulled my dog back, the other dog didn't have a chance to lock her jaw on my dog's paw. Should I still report it?

Old 03-02-2010, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenchili View Post
I cant believe this type of person exists..... I can think of several words that would fit him,but I cant say them here.
I would think you could report him. Do it,or at least call the PD or Animal control. Do something!
I couldn't believe it either, I grew up with him, but I never really got along with him because he's a complete a**hole. I never thought he would pull something like this though. I even have to check outside before walking my dogs to see if his dog is loose because he's left his dog is loose and unattended in the garage before.

Old 03-02-2010, 06:29 PM

2,029 posts, read 4,037,589 times
I would try and video tape your neighbor when he does this. Have a friend hide with the camera and get this on tape. Then give a copy to the police when you file a report. This could get dangerous for you, as well as your dogs.

Old 03-02-2010, 06:33 PM

I would, but I live in a dead end street, and everybody knows everybody. I'm kinda worried about reporting the idiot though, because I'm worried he might let my dogs loose while nobody's home, or poison them.. He's an idiot and a waste of breathe, I wouldn't doubt him doing something like that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs