Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-26-2017, 12:36 AM

4 posts, read 40,010 times

Advertisements

So he has not had any episodes since that original couple of days. We never really got a good answer but more and more I'm thinking it was that he ate something like chocolate. The night it happened the first time we had a bunch of kids over for a family get-together and I think one of the kids fed him some when we weren't looking.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2018, 01:54 PM

1 posts, read 2,747 times
My 6-year-old Morkie has these symptoms as well. Started about a month ago and hasn't stopped. Any info on what it could be would be greatly appreciated. I too thought it might be hiccups at first but it isn't. Taking her to the vet today for some bloodwork and other things are happening as well (vomiting, diarrhoea, no energy, slow walking). Could be a case of pancreatitis. Hoping to get this all figured out sooner rather than later.

Old 03-21-2019, 09:04 PM

1 posts, read 2,265 times
What happened? What did the vet say? My dog just started doing exactly this. I'm worried.

Old 03-22-2019, 02:14 PM

4,286 posts, read 4,756,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maltipoolover View Post
What happened? What did the vet say? My dog just started doing exactly this. I'm worried.
Take him to the vet. It could be serious or it might not be but there is no way for you to tell.

Old 04-12-2019, 08:23 AM

2 posts, read 4,403 times
THANK YOU for giving the update! I know umm years late on reading this now but I even need registered an account on this Site - just to be an abow too partake in this topic. I was going by to dIe if you didn’t say what’s happend in this thread. My dog is doing this sort of hiccup thing now too. Well, glad you gave an update. I can stop being anxious now. Bye.

Old 04-12-2019, 08:26 AM

2 posts, read 4,403 times
Default 9 Years Later

THANK YOU.. for the update.

Old 05-13-2019, 12:39 PM

1 posts, read 2,121 times
My dog just started this same symptom today. She is only 7 but was recently diagnosed with terminal mast cell cancer. I’m hoping it’s not related to that.

Old 06-19-2019, 11:43 PM

1 posts, read 2,035 times
My daughter has a year and half mix pit and lab that jerks in her sleep like she has hiccups she has being doing as long as I can remember. I wasn't concern because I thought she was dreaming or cold, but I have notice that it's happening more often lately plus it seems we can't get weight on her and it has me pretty concern now. I'm even more concern after reading the post here. I have a question, is there anyone that they dog only does it in its sleep?

Old 06-20-2019, 08:36 AM

4,286 posts, read 4,756,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deeloves4leggedbabies View Post
My daughter has a year and half mix pit and lab that jerks in her sleep like she has hiccups she has being doing as long as I can remember. I wasn't concern because I thought she was dreaming or cold, but I have notice that it's happening more often lately plus it seems we can't get weight on her and it has me pretty concern now. I'm even more concern after reading the post here. I have a question, is there anyone that they dog only does it in its sleep?

If you can't put weight on her there is something else going on. She needs to go to the vet. The jerking in her sleep may or may not be related to the weight loss.

Old 06-24-2019, 05:29 AM

691 posts, read 640,722 times
If it only occurs while sleeping that is simply a form of hypnic myoclonia. However, if these convulsive spasms occur while the animal is awake then you need to have your animal tested for heartworms.

Last edited by deadwood; 06-24-2019 at 05:37 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs