Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2010, 09:01 PM

1 posts, read 4,212 times

Advertisements

what kind of dog?? did you solve it??! My symptoms in my schnauzer are identical. I have been researching for days before i take her back for another pricey and only temporary cortizone shot. PLeassse HELP!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2010, 08:06 AM

1,201 posts, read 4,541,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Help My Alergy View Post
what kind of dog?? did you solve it??! My symptoms in my schnauzer are identical. I have been researching for days before i take her back for another pricey and only temporary cortizone shot. PLeassse HELP!!!
Still haven't solved it. Seems I have a few choices I can do, one of which is a pretty costly allergy test. My vet seems to think it might be seasonal due to the time of year he gets them and he usually calms down in the winter. We've got him on grain free food using fish as the protein and it seemed to help just a little bit. Other then that he hasn't seemed to have any flare ups recently but he is still a bit itchy and still pants. His last shot was in August and I wanted to wait to see if he started calming down around October, which he has a bit. Usually after the first freeze of the year he is fine.

Do you have your dog on a monthly flea treatment? If not that is step number one, after that the next step would be running a full allergy test to see if they can find what he is allergic to. At the time my vet suggested that to me I couldn't afford it. If he doesn't calm down soon I will get it done.

Old 04-08-2016, 09:57 PM

1 posts, read 3,007 times
I first noticed her hair standing up just a little over nothing really. Then she started panting for no reason just in house laying down . We are now to the point or crying , panting, not playing with puppy, or around other dogs here. She has also been carring around a toy nonstop, sometimes chweing on it. She could not find toy and chewed on a phone. She has NEVER chewed up anything. She is drinking water eating small amount. Noticed she is loosing wieght. Female boxer 5 years old had puppies last October

Old 04-08-2016, 10:21 PM

4,231 posts, read 15,425,493 times
Sounds like she needs to go to the vet to find out exactly what her problem is and get a cure for it, it sounds like she got a health issue and she's not getting any better on her own, it could have something to do w/ the pregnancy or it could be something else entirely. Please take her to the vet ASAP

Old 09-27-2017, 11:19 PM

1 posts, read 2,668 times
My dog is a lab, he is nine years old. This year has been intense on him. Nothing has change, his food is the same we have always given him. But this year from July and still now he is itching, sratching, licking and always licking himself or the floor this year. No fleas, no other problems. Would like it if he would cool it. Is this his age? Is this a normal issue with labs. Just strange that he has been fine all these years and then suddenly barn he is going crazy with licking and biting and itching and scratching himself. Why? Do we need to change his food. Or is this all pretty normal with labs.

Old 09-28-2017, 09:04 AM

4,286 posts, read 4,763,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 12 Gwen View Post
My dog is a lab, he is nine years old. This year has been intense on him. Nothing has change, his food is the same we have always given him. But this year from July and still now he is itching, sratching, licking and always licking himself or the floor this year. No fleas, no other problems. Would like it if he would cool it. Is this his age? Is this a normal issue with labs. Just strange that he has been fine all these years and then suddenly barn he is going crazy with licking and biting and itching and scratching himself. Why? Do we need to change his food. Or is this all pretty normal with labs.
NOT normal. Don't change his food. He needs to go to the vet. It could be allergies or he could be in pain from arthritis. He needs medical attention.

Old 06-10-2019, 11:17 PM

1 posts, read 2,216 times
I used bagbalm. Cured her.

Old 06-14-2019, 09:15 PM

1 posts, read 2,197 times
My dog Bella has been panting heavily, scratching her back right leg, and acting jittery.She only gos outside for walking and potty time.She was biting her leg a little while ago and a black oval insect feel off her back leg
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs