Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which photo should I use?
#1 5 26.32%
#2 5 26.32%
#3 9 47.37%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2010, 01:15 PM

3,749 posts, read 12,410,031 times

Advertisements

If it was my choice, I'd pick #3. So much character comes through in that shot! It also has good shadowing, good contrast and fantastic expression. (If you find the shadows or any thing else distracting, use a photo program to "crop" the shot down a bit.)

Very very cute pup!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2010, 01:16 PM

5,094 posts, read 12,593,717 times
I too like# 3 the best. The shadow doesn't bother me but the foot is distracting. The foot draws my eye away from PC the shadow does not. Since the foot is on the edge could you crop it out?

Old 06-04-2010, 01:21 PM

5,026 posts, read 15,294,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeet09 View Post
He's a very good yawner (is that even a word, lol.)
I wanted to do a pic and the shipping/handling bites; $14.95! Alas, even with that cost in mind, it probably is cheaper than other places for canvas photos.
Canvas is very expensive, which is why I haven't ordered til now. I really just want to see the quality for the future, especially for when my sister has her baby.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Va-Cat View Post
If it was my choice, I'd pick #3. So much character comes through in that shot! It also has good shadowing, good contrast and fantastic expression. (If you find the shadows or any thing else distracting, use a photo program to "crop" the shot down a bit.)

Very very cute pup!
I really need to install Photoshop on my Mac already. I had it on the PC but not here yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dashdog View Post
I too like# 3 the best. The shadow doesn't bother me but the foot is distracting. The foot draws my eye away from PC the shadow does not. Since the foot is on the edge could you crop it out?
I was thinking of cropping out the foot, but his entire shadow is still there. Maybe once I upload to their site, I can select that only his face/body shows.

Old 06-04-2010, 01:25 PM

5,142 posts, read 13,127,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAK802 View Post
Canvas is very expensive, which is why I haven't ordered til now. I really just want to see the quality for the future, especially for when my sister has her baby.
When you do order, can you post a pic up of the actual canvas order? I'd like to see how it comes out!
Think this is a great idea for hubby for bday in August.

Old 06-04-2010, 01:31 PM

Quote:
When you do order, can you post a pic up of the actual canvas order? I'd like to see how it comes out!
Think this is a great idea for hubby for bday in August.
I'll definitely post pictures when I get it. You should see what my husband is getting for father's day, I ordered prints yesterday! This is what happens when you have no human kids yet!

So it appears I can't find the original size of the last picture. That was taken when I had my PC, now I have a Mac and I guess I didn't transfer everything over. I have huge files of the first 2, but must have deleted the folder with the original size of that pic. All I have is small sizes on Flickr, and that's not fit to print. So I think I'm going with the 1st.

Old 06-04-2010, 01:38 PM

1,457 posts, read 4,056,834 times
I don't think I can even choose, I love 'em all. I would have to say whichever one you believe really shows PC's true personality.

Old 06-04-2010, 01:38 PM

17,330 posts, read 33,047,252 times
There's NO WAY to pick just one. NO WAY.
When I saw the first one, I said #1.
Then I saw the second one.
Then the third.
If a gun was pressed to my head, it would STILL be a toss-up between 1 and 3.
Fine, I'll pick #1.

Old 06-04-2010, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flkingfan View Post
I don't think I can even choose, I love 'em all. I would have to say whichever one you believe really shows PC's true personality.
The 3rd one, but I can't find the original size! He's always that happy, especially on the beach!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DandJ View Post
When I saw the first one, I said #1.
Then I saw the second one.
Then the third.
If a gun was pressed to my head, it would STILL be a toss-up between 1 and 3.
Fine, I'll pick #1.
You wouldn't believe how many pictures I had to take to get a decent one. I'm still not exactly happy with the first, but out of 232 (yup, that many), I got about 20 decent but not great ones. Between the lighting in my place (nonexistent) and PC not cooperating, moving, etc., it's next to impossible! Much easier to take candid shots outdoors!

Old 06-04-2010, 01:46 PM

5,142 posts, read 13,127,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DandJ View Post
My thought exactly; we think alike, you and me! And then MAK said she doesn't have any more room for more PC pics!

Old 06-04-2010, 01:48 PM

Quote:
My thought exactly; we think alike, you and me! And then MAK said she doesn't have any more room for more PC pics!
We just need a bigger place, that's all!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs