Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Duluth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-20-2009, 05:52 PM

1,202 posts, read 3,452,289 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Tenant improvements for a retail building in Duluth. Completed working plans call for tenant improvements of an existing retail building
A bid for Dressbarn in Duluth! Now I am not sure if this is a bid being put in right now for some odd reason for Maurices remodel in Duluth. But it would say Maurices if it was. So somewhere in Duluth we are getting a Dressbarn. And it looks like its not in the mall.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2009, 08:51 PM

432 posts, read 1,120,913 times
Maurices and Dress Barn are now part of the sane company which is headquartered in Duluth, so I wouldn't be surprised if a Dress Barn opened in Duluth. I would love to see Maurices open a "flagship store Downtown in the Wieland block. They had one in the Holiday Center until the mid-1990's. Also, Texas Roadhouse is mentioned in todays Duluth News Tribune(online version)!

Old 05-20-2009, 08:58 PM

781 posts, read 2,629,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nateduluthnative View Post
Maurices and Dress Barn are now part of the sane company which is headquartered in Duluth, so I wouldn't be surprised if a Dress Barn opened in Duluth. I would love to see Maurices open a "flagship store Downtown in the Wieland block.
I would also like to see Maurices remodel/rebuild their downtown office building. A flagship corporate building downtown for them would be slick! You'd think they would at least rebrand the building with Dress Barn + Maurices like MN Power and Allete did.

Old 05-20-2009, 09:37 PM

1 posts, read 2,579 times
That is great! Love Texas Roadhouse. We have taken trips that have to include a stop to a restaurant.

? Do you know when they will be hiring or how a person would get information?

Thanks!

Old 05-21-2009, 06:22 AM

Well it for sure is for a Dressbarn location! I too would LOVE to see Maurices open in the end cap space in the Weiland Hayes block. That would be such a great space for them to open a downtown store in. And it could start to attract clothing retailers to that area also. I would too love to see a big, brand new, headquarters for Maurices and Dressbarn downtown. I think Dressbarn should move all of its operations to Duluth being the only reason they are surviving right now is because Maurices is doing so well. Its just a little thing they could do to pay back to city that created Maurices

Old 05-21-2009, 07:27 PM

432 posts, read 1,120,913 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by duluthian2008 View Post
Well it for sure is for a Dressbarn location! I too would LOVE to see Maurices open in the end cap space in the Weiland Hayes block. That would be such a great space for them to open a downtown store in. And it could start to attract clothing retailers to that area also. I would too love to see a big, brand new, headquarters for Maurices and Dressbarn downtown. I think Dressbarn should move all of its operations to Duluth being the only reason they are surviving right now is because Maurices is doing so well. Its just a little thing they could do to pay back to city that created Maurices
They could be the office tenant of the Wieland Block along with a flagship store! Or they can be the tenant for the VonJaro tower if that project is even on life support anymore. Niether Dress Barn or Maurices the fanciest stores, they would be great starters for clothes shopping in Downtown, being that they are headquartered here. The only retail that seems to have survived Downtown over the years are mens clothing and jewelery stores and they are all local!

Old 05-21-2009, 07:45 PM

I could for sure see a Maurices or a Dressbarn in the Weiland Hayes block and the reason for that is because they are national and national chains are really going to be the only tenants that can afford to pay rent for that building. Justin Paul is extremely expensive and can afford the building. But the other tenants in it are going to have to be national. I could see a Maurices in there and then that sparking a clothing area to sprout. I could see a lot of higher end retail down by there like Banana Republic, J.Crew, Talbots, J. Jill, etc. That could be the middle age shopping corridor. Superior Street is going to look so great when A&L is down renovating all the buildings down to the Sheraton. Plus the Weiland Hayes Block is still suppose to be getting a coffee shop... hopefully its something good like another Dunn Brothers.

Old 05-30-2009, 08:27 PM

28 posts, read 78,434 times
I said I wasn't coming back to this site, but I did tonight. I can't believe you guys are excited about Dress Barn. You talk about Banana Republic and other places and you get jazzed about Dress Barn. OMG. We are coming to Duluth on Thursday and staying at the Canal Park Lodge - gorgeous - we stay there rather than our lake home. We can't wait to have Sammy's Pizza from the West End. We can't wait for Chop Sticks to deliver to our room. We'll go to the truck stop in Carlton to have an Oasis Omelet. We have all the restaurants that you guys want, and I can't blame you for wanting new interesting places, but I continue to say that you guys are very blessed with great places. We had a new place open here called the Big Easy Creole Cafe. Jambalaya and po boys. Pretty good, but it's only 3 hours to New Orleans from here and I'll do that instead. Face it fellow members, Duluth is not going to prosper until you replace the people in office there and Obama is out of the picture. It's just a fact of life. I live in a red state now and we are doing wonderful. Restaurants are full, shopping centers are busy and life is good. Democrats are nothing but trouble. Enjoy your new bike path over nowhere with Oberstar. What a loser.

Old 05-30-2009, 08:33 PM

243 posts, read 594,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chublake View Post
I said I wasn't coming back to this site, but I did tonight. I can't believe you guys are excited about Dress Barn. You talk about Banana Republic and other places and you get jazzed about Dress Barn. OMG. We are coming to Duluth on Thursday and staying at the Canal Park Lodge - gorgeous - we stay there rather than our lake home. We can't wait to have Sammy's Pizza from the West End. We can't wait for Chop Sticks to deliver to our room. We'll go to the truck stop in Carlton to have an Oasis Omelet. We have all the restaurants that you guys want, and I can't blame you for wanting new interesting places, but I continue to say that you guys are very blessed with great places. We had a new place open here called the Big Easy Creole Cafe. Jambalaya and po boys. Pretty good, but it's only 3 hours to New Orleans from here and I'll do that instead. Face it fellow members, Duluth is not going to prosper until you replace the people in office there and Obama is out of the picture. It's just a fact of life. I live in a red state now and we are doing wonderful. Restaurants are full, shopping centers are busy and life is good. Democrats are nothing but trouble. Enjoy your new bike path over nowhere with Oberstar. What a loser.
What happens when Rush Limbaugh has a day off...

Old 05-31-2009, 07:28 AM

1,465 posts, read 4,576,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chublake View Post
I dunno if anyone told you, Obama is the president of the United States, not mayor of Duluth. (Which means he affects your "red state" as much as this city). I don't keep up much with the politics of this city, so I can't comment much on that. All I know is that my teachers never had sufficient funds for us...which kind of always irked me. Maybe I could have gotten something more out of my education if there was better money management going on.
I'd say Duluth has made so much progress over the years, and it's just getting better. Shame that the weather up here is quite subpar though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Duluth