Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Duluth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2008, 07:28 PM

432 posts, read 1,120,068 times

Advertisements

I am interested in any information regarding the Vonjaro project in Downtown Duluth. I've been fascinated with tall buildings my whole life and would like to see a few more of them in Duluth. I mentioned it in other threads, but got off of the subjects of those threads. Please share information regarding this or any other proposed high- rise buildings in Duluth
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2008, 11:48 AM

1,289 posts, read 2,124,820 times
There's a whole forum dedicated to buildings & skyscrapers in Minnesota and the Twin Cities. It's called minnescraper. Here's the website:

www.minnescraper.com :: Index

You can probably find answers there!

Old 04-21-2008, 11:52 AM

781 posts, read 2,627,727 times
Well, there isn't much info other than the information you probably already have seen. These are the two major articles I've read about it:

Business North
Duluth.com (http://www.duluth.com/articles/?page=view_article&id=49356&property_id=36 - broken link)

It looks like Helstrom Architects is involved in the design, but I can't find any artist's rendering or designs except for the one in the Duluth.com article.

Here is the Emporis.com listing for the proposed building: 9 West Superior Street, Duluth / Emporis.com. It doesn't really have any interesting information though, other than 9 floors and structure type.

Last edited by aluminumpork; 04-21-2008 at 12:07 PM..

Old 04-22-2008, 03:39 AM

Thanks. The Minnescraper thread said it could be 10+ stories, if so, the taller the better. I've never heard of Helstrom Architects. I googled them but I don't think they have a website yet

Old 04-22-2008, 07:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nateduluthnative View Post
I googled them but I don't think they have a website yet
Yeah, I looked around also, but couldn't find anything.

Old 04-22-2008, 08:54 PM

82 posts, read 150,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nateduluthnative View Post
I am interested in any information regarding the Vonjaro project in Downtown Duluth. I've been fascinated with tall buildings my whole life and would like to see a few more of them in Duluth. I mentioned it in other threads, but got off of the subjects of those threads. Please share information regarding this or any other proposed high- rise buildings in Duluth
Move to Minneapolis. Duluth an't gonna grow much bigger than it already is.

Old 04-23-2008, 02:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistacoolio20 View Post
Duluth an't gonna grow much bigger than it already is.
We'll just see about that! *hastily gets out his planning board* :-D

If Rochester, Fargo and the like can grow successfully, then there is absolutely no reason why Duluth can't also. If the right things fall into place at the right time, I think things will begin changing drastically. There's some what of a mini "revolution" going on it seems.

Old 04-24-2008, 03:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistacoolio20 View Post
Move to Minneapolis. Duluth an't gonna grow much bigger than it already is.
I moved there (suburban) 10 years ago. I still love to keep up on business and development news in Duluth, I visit quite often.

Old 05-03-2008, 10:52 AM

1,202 posts, read 3,449,830 times
Has anyone heard anything on this project? I really would like to see it start. I think it would be cool if we had like a boutique hotel on that site. Like 10-15 stories tall but really nice and modern. I think Duluth needs a hotel like that. Plus if it had like a nice restaurant on the bottom and a retail store of sometype I think that that would do some real good for that part of the downtown.

Old 05-17-2008, 02:49 PM

I e-mailed Vonjaro a couple weeks ago and they said that they are waiting for the skywalk link to the tech village to be approved. I wonder how long that will take!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Duluth