Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-01-2010, 11:18 PM

1,791 posts, read 1,792,950 times

Advertisements

Seriously. Just read it. Please. And just as suggestion... hit on a few of the 'inner links'. Especially the one in the title of this thread.

why-the-rich-dont-feel-rich: Personal Finance News from Yahoo! Finance (http://finance.yahoo.com/career-work/article/110876/why-the-rich-dont-feel-rich - broken link)

If you come out of reading this article NOT feeling 'something', IMO, your the proverbial walking dead.

Basically positive, the world will never be perfect.
I'm not delusional.
Although I do believe, it could be a much, much better place, with a shift in priorities and the encouragement of respect in place of ridicule.

As if I need say anything, please share thoughts about this article.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2010, 11:30 PM

15,852 posts, read 35,135,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shroombeanie View Post
Seriously. Just read it. Please. And just as suggestion... hit on a few of the 'inner links'. Especially the one in the title of this thread.

why-the-rich-dont-feel-rich: Personal Finance News from Yahoo! Finance (http://finance.yahoo.com/career-work/article/110876/why-the-rich-dont-feel-rich - broken link)

If you come out of reading this article NOT feeling 'something', IMO, your the proverbial walking dead.

Basically positive, the world will never be perfect.
I'm not delusional.
Although I do believe, it could be a much, much better place, with a shift in priorities and the encouragement of respect in place of ridicule.

As if I need say anything, please share thoughts about this article.
It looks to me like Mr. Henderson is living beyond his means. He needs a cheaper house, with lower property taxes and he needs to hire an accountant.

I hope you didn't think I would sympathize with him. I live well on $18k per year, but I don't have a Hispanic dude mow my lawn *or* a Polish lady clean my house.

He can afford his taxes. Works for me.

20yrsinBranson

Old 10-02-2010, 12:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20yrsinBranson View Post
It looks to me like Mr. Henderson is living beyond his means. He needs a cheaper house, with lower property taxes and he needs to hire an accountant.

I hope you didn't think I would sympathize with him. I live well on $18k per year, but I don't have a Hispanic dude mow my lawn *or* a Polish lady clean my house.

He can afford his taxes. Works for me.

20yrsinBranson
I would hope that no one thinks this guy deserves any sympathy whatsoever.

But there will be.

Old 10-03-2010, 10:48 AM

43,854 posts, read 51,184,922 times
Reminds me of my mom telling me that the reason Jesus said "Blessed are the poor" is because at least we know what our problem is. Rich people still have to figure it out. This is why so many of them are so greedy and miserable.

Old 10-03-2010, 08:28 PM

13,621 posts, read 12,731,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryB View Post
Reminds me of my mom telling me that the reason Jesus said "Blessed are the poor" is because at least we know what our problem is. Rich people still have to figure it out. This is why so many of them are so greedy and miserable.
they can never get enough,!! maybe mr henderson needs to scrap the fancy cars,million dollar house, expesive dinners etc. i realy feel for them

Old 10-03-2010, 08:33 PM

44,259 posts, read 64,365,577 times
Sounds like a bunch of rationalization for the parasites to justify stealing someone else's money.

Old 10-03-2010, 08:49 PM

39,031 posts, read 23,020,628 times
In the end, it isn't about our possessions but how we treat one another.

Old 10-03-2010, 09:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatteress View Post
In the end, it isn't about our possessions but how we treat one another.
Absolutely as simple as that.

Unfortunately, 'we' have a long way to go before humans put ego aside enough to have acceptance, understanding and compassion. Not one of us has the right to judge another for any reason. Life is mystery and difficult enough as it is. This man is just one, of hundreds of thousands, if not millions, that have become conditioned, by whomever, that possessions is what makes the person. An absolute tragedy that enough people haven't seen that this mentality is destroying precious life on a daily basis. After all, really, no matter the opinion, the fact is simply... "We all need each other. Directly AND indirectly".

Old 10-04-2010, 05:14 AM

1,688 posts, read 4,299,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
Sounds like a bunch of rationalization for the parasites to justify stealing someone else's money.

Old 10-04-2010, 11:07 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,783,759 times
Obsession with anything is the route to destruction. Continous striving to be better destroys the soul and sometimes the mind.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics