Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-28-2011, 11:25 AM

4,023 posts, read 7,368,615 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retroit View Post
I doubt if the stores in China sell products with "Made in the USA" stamped on the bottom.

You can see that in Japan and South Korea now, 2 decades ago nobody imagined that
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2011, 03:20 PM

514 posts, read 764,710 times
Angry same guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bily Lovec View Post
are you French ?
you remind me a lot of a frenchy who posted ignorant stuff here in the past, he seemd to have disappeared about the time you showed up...
Same guy, same ignorance. Imagine if we read a few French magazines and then went on a French forum and called them names for disagreeing with us. But he does it to us all the time.

Old 03-26-2011, 07:44 AM

20 posts, read 16,821 times
Great opportunities

Old 03-30-2011, 06:19 AM

354 posts, read 855,017 times
I think that our trade policy with China has been a disater for the USA. I do however think that it will change and the US trade defecit with China will slowly diminish.

Mostly because the Chinease have realized that they have gone as far as they can with their export economy and are now must stimulate their internal economy. The Great Recession was a real wake up call that China can't depend on the USA to keep it's economy afloat. Also China's work force is ageing and will peak soon, Shipping costs are going higher and inflation is rampent in China. Automation is becoming cheaper and I really don't see any country large enough to take over the role of world's factory floor. I really think that things will slowly start to even out.

Old 03-30-2011, 04:27 PM

30,058 posts, read 18,652,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonderful Jellal View Post
Look at that :
FTD - Statistics - Country Data - U.S. Trade Balance with China

2000 : $16B
2010 : $92B

Impressive $200B expected for 2015

Ummmmmmmm......................... what about the $250 billion per year trade imbalance? I would call that a 'bust", rather than a "boom".

Thank you Bill Clinton for selling our nation to China. You have still convinced liberals that this was a good thing.

Old 03-31-2011, 09:50 AM

1,475 posts, read 2,554,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddmhughes View Post
... and I really don't see any country large enough to take over the role of world's factory floor.
Automation is a big "cheap labor" killer. There's nothing cheaper in the long run than a machine. Machines also make less mistakes keeping waste down.

Many business consultants have been pushing "decentralization" over the past decade. Plopping a machine down close to your biggest markets will save a bundle on costs. Also, you can cater to local "desires" better. Like color and style choices.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics