Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-01-2011, 07:36 PM

7 posts, read 8,978 times

Advertisements

I debated whether to post this in Business or here and opted for community as I would rather here from a consumer on this.

I have moved from the midwest to Arizona and am wondering how a consumer would feel calling a LLC business and getting a midwest phone number?

Our business was a mobile business that took us all over the US so moving with that was no problem and I was always talking to people from everywhere! Now we are changing our business up and will be dealing with just 1 or 2 local area codes.
My business will still be mobile and has a toll free number a local number and my midwest cell phone number.

We may drop the toll free as it will not be needed, but I will still be using my cell phone often for business.

Would you feel better calling or receiving calls from a local number? Or would you not care about it?

I am leaning towards changing it and it's not really a big deal. Everyone I talk to lives out here anyways =]
I think it will look better, perhaps give people more trust with us as we will be in their homes unsupervised. Maybe make them feel as if we are more apart of the community.

Thanks for you opinion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2011, 07:51 PM

15,205 posts, read 12,070,953 times
Local number = yes

Toll free number = yes

Old 11-01-2011, 07:54 PM

11,151 posts, read 15,833,975 times
Since this is better suited to the Business forum (the members there are consumer, too ), I'm relocating this thread.

Old 11-01-2011, 09:01 PM

7 posts, read 8,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bones View Post
Local number = yes

Toll free number = yes
Toll free even for local business eh?...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark of the Moon View Post
Since this is better suited to the Business forum (the members there are consumer, too ), I'm relocating this thread.
So be it. =]

Old 11-01-2011, 09:03 PM

1,568 posts, read 1,551,597 times
Yeah, lose the midwest area code.

Your cell phone carrier may not forward the calls, but get a new contract and forward them yourself until you can spread the word to your customers.

Old 11-01-2011, 09:51 PM

15,205 posts, read 12,070,953 times
[quote=Tippler;21537063]Toll free even for local business eh?...
quote]

If you are in business in more than 1 area code, yes, a toll free number.

It also makes your business "look" more professional....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics