Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-06-2011, 07:56 AM

3,201 posts, read 3,859,880 times

Advertisements

Is Jim Cramer incompetent, or hoarding billions of dollars somewhere?

He is saying "Buy Florida Real Estate" after the beginning of the bust.

Jim Cramer Says Buy Florida Real Estate Now on Regis & Kelly - YouTube
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2011, 08:21 AM

28,895 posts, read 54,182,943 times
I think Jim Cramer is the worst single talking head on the television ever. Didn't the Daily Show produce a devastating video on him showing how many times he was wrong? And how spectacularly he was wrong?

Old 12-06-2011, 08:32 AM

34,094 posts, read 83,020,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
Didn't the Daily Show produce a devastating video on him showing how many times he was wrong?
Stewart Versus Fail Journalists Video

Old 12-06-2011, 08:36 AM

6,032 posts, read 9,216,042 times
He is an idiot... John Stewart owned him...

Want to be a millionaire? Start with a billion and ask Cramer for tips....

Old 12-06-2011, 08:38 AM

28,895 posts, read 54,182,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRational View Post
That. I'm amazed that Cramer had a job to return to after being so thoroughly discredited.

In 2004-2005, short of standing up on a chair and waving my arms, I was telling everybody that the real estate market was about to blow. I lost a real estate developer as a client because I advised him to stop building in 2006 and just sell his remaining inventory.

So if some dumb clod like me could spot the looming real estate bubble two years before it broke, then why couldn't some guy like Cramer do it with all the resources at his disposal?

Unless, of course, the guy is a total hack. Heck, who are we kidding? A chimp with a dartboard would make better picks than this fraud.

Old 12-06-2011, 09:47 AM

17,531 posts, read 24,709,355 times
Jon Stewart used to say that anyone who listened to Cramer faithfully would be on their fourth bankruptcy. Looks like #5 coming up, Florida Real Estate LOL

Old 12-06-2011, 09:51 AM

3,457 posts, read 3,625,312 times
i never liked Kramer, or watched him very often..

however the nail in the coffin for me was when he had the Wachovia CEO on his show, who talked up the company, said the balance sheet was great, blah blah blah.

I think it was literally a few days later that Wachovia fell apart and was sold to Wells Fargo.

Old 12-06-2011, 09:58 AM

78,444 posts, read 60,652,129 times
I've also warned people that the bottom may not even be reached yet because:

1) The prices are still buoyed by record low interest rates. What happens if a 30-year mortgage returns to 6-7% or higher?

2) Florida has a ticking time-bomb in the form of their state-run home insurance program. It's massive and insures much of the worst risks (coastal) in southern florida. When the next big hurricane or multiple smaller hurricanes hits they will be bankrupt by 20+ billion.

This will cause 2 issues:
a) An assessment of 10% will be added to all home, auto etc. insurance in the entire state for a couple years.
b) The implosion of the state insurer will drive rates higher in addition to normal rate spikes after events like that AND people with the state insurer that have been getting a big subsidy will have to likely pay market rates again.

So, depending where you live in the state the next bad hurricane year is going to cause your homeowners insurance to go up at least 15-20% and in some cases perhaps double. This will crush housing prices further.

Old 12-06-2011, 10:07 AM

17,531 posts, read 24,709,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
I've also warned people that the bottom may not even be reached yet because:

1) The prices are still buoyed by record low interest rates. What happens if a 30-year mortgage returns to 6-7% or higher?

2) Florida has a ticking time-bomb in the form of their state-run home insurance program. It's massive and insures much of the worst risks (coastal) in southern florida. When the next big hurricane or multiple smaller hurricanes hits they will be bankrupt by 20+ billion.

This will cause 2 issues:
a) An assessment of 10% will be added to all home, auto etc. insurance in the entire state for a couple years.
b) The implosion of the state insurer will drive rates higher in addition to normal rate spikes after events like that AND people with the state insurer that have been getting a big subsidy will have to likely pay market rates again.

So, depending where you live in the state the next bad hurricane year is going to cause your homeowners insurance to go up at least 15-20% and in some cases perhaps double. This will crush housing prices further.
I recently had the option of real estate in Florida or the cash and opted for the cash. Like Vegas or Arizona they are overbuilt and the Boomers they are built for are not coming. I could stand that in Arizona where Property Taxes are low and Home Owners Insurance is a couple hundred dollars a year, but not Florida

Old 12-06-2011, 10:23 AM

137 posts, read 249,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
I think Jim Cramer is the worst single talking head on the television ever. Didn't the Daily Show produce a devastating video on him showing how many times he was wrong? And how spectacularly he was wrong?

His voice is very annoying, he screams and rants, never shuts up.
Why on earth did CNBC give him even more airtime??? Are they that desperate?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics