Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-24-2013, 05:15 PM

106,709 posts, read 108,913,061 times

Advertisements

call it whatever you like but the template is the same when folks tell us over and over how there is no hope for them .

there is no one here who can help these people , they have to help themselves.

sorry but thats just how life works. in these forums we all strive to offer help,information and encouragement to those who think they have a fighting chance or really want to better themselves..

those who think they can not should perhaps try the dr phil forum instead of telling us how there is no hope for themselves..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2013, 05:22 PM

3,633 posts, read 5,791,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mysticaltyger View Post
I wonder if you are interested in solving your problem or just being mad/complaining about it?

There is no quick or easy way out. Your situation sucks...no doubt about it. But if you act as if it's hopeless, I guarantee you'll prove yourself correct.
Solving my problem? If I expected to have people solve my problem then I would have more friends. Sometimes people actually come on here to share experiences so they don't feel like the only ones going through it, and to put it down for the record in case things work out and some day people can read back on these threads and see what someone overcame.

Why is everyone a doctor on here prescribing solutions for people of all different colors, cultures, and dna? You may see people like me as a complainer when I'm actually just sharing my story to people I don't know, but if you wanna see complainers, you should see people that I am around day to day in the real world who complain about things as they have people around at the workplace to vent to and act like they have sympathy.

Me, I'm the guy keeping his head down doing my job, and making people laugh at work. I would bet that most of you people who 'think' I am a complainer are the same kind of people I see everyday when I'm focused on my job as they chat it up in thier little clicks. I know people like to make themselves feel better by making someone else feel smaller on internet forums, but that's not me. I ain't down with that high school mentality.

Old 02-24-2013, 05:27 PM

your seeking answers that either don't exist or you are looking for more people in your situation to agree with you.

the fact is the bulk of people you will run into on forums about finances are not going to be those struggling.

the bulk are people interested in seeing how others have been successful and met their goals or are looking to learn from those who did.

it is like alians coming to earth ,landing in a hospital and reporting back everyone on earth is sick.

you are not going to get sympathy on the financial forums , what you will get is an education and knowledge about things most folks are ignorant in.

Old 02-24-2013, 05:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mathjak107 View Post
the bulk are people interested in seeing how others have been successful and met their goals or are looking to learn from those who did.
I think most people including me are looking for this, but minus the personal assumtions that we always see on here.

Old 02-24-2013, 05:33 PM

if you were really looking for that you would not keep repeating after every piece of advice how it does not apply to you or can't apply to you..

Old 02-24-2013, 05:40 PM

44,259 posts, read 64,391,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RazorRob305 View Post
I get that and I've heard Dave say that on his show, but my point was about intelligence. How could people who are intelligent enough to be making lots of money not be able to budget when they have loads of money to budget?. I'm living at the low end of the spectrum, but I don't need a financial advisor to tell me what money goes towards the rent, food, bills, insurance, savings, fun-time ect.....
Because when it comes to money, most people turn into idiot 4 year-olds with a me me me mine mine mine now now now attitude and lose all their intelligence.

And the skills required to make a lot of money are not necessarily the same as the skills it takes to MANAGE a lot of money.

Also, when people have to do what they do to make a lot of money (extremely stressful, etc), they fall into the trap of "I deserve xyz material object" to justify the sacrifices and crap they had to wade through to get that money.

Old 02-24-2013, 05:47 PM

money means different things to each of us.

some enjoy money just for moneys sake. they are the frugal ones , the cheapskates . they enjoy looking at an account statement more then the things money buys.

money to them represents , freedom, power ,security.

the next group likes money for all the things money can buy. they like buying things rather then looking at money.

the third group likes making money more then the things money can represent. they are the types that like taking over a bankrupt business and making it succesful. they like making their business bigger and bigger.

for them it is the art of the deal.

we should strive to be a little of all 3.

Old 02-24-2013, 07:21 PM

30,896 posts, read 36,975,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RazorRob305 View Post
Solving my problem? If I expected to have people solve my problem then I would have more friends. Sometimes people actually come on here to share experiences so they don't feel like the only ones going through it, and to put it down for the record in case things work out and some day people can read back on these threads and see what someone overcame.
OK, well I'm more interested in trying to help people who want to solve their problems rather than just complain about them. You call it "sharing experiences". I call it complaining, whining, wallowing, etc. I get it. We all need to wallow sometimes. But that wallowing needs a time limit on it. It's very draining to read these kinds of posts from people who want to waste their whole lives complaining about how life sucks. Bleeeech. Your time limit has run out with me.

Old 02-24-2013, 07:26 PM

30,896 posts, read 36,975,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mathjak107 View Post
You're seeking answers that either don't exist or you are looking for more people in your situation to agree with you.

The fact is the bulk of people you will run into on forums about finances are not going to be those struggling.

The bulk are people interested in seeing how others have been successful and met their goals or are looking to learn from those who did.

You are not going to get sympathy on the financial forums. What you will get is an education and knowledge about things most folks are ignorant in.
^^^This....Especially that first sentence^^^

Old 02-24-2013, 09:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mysticaltyger View Post
OK, well I'm more interested in trying to help people who want to solve their problems rather than just complain about them.

You may be interested in helping people solve problems in general, but you are coming at me in a personal way assuming you can even relate to my situation and saying I haven't done this or that based off of nothing. Because you know nothing about my situation except I'm lower income. How are you qualified to even give me a solution? Maybe you just want to make yourself look like the good guy or better man on here in front of everyone since my frustration about people like you judging me makes me seem like the bad guy so you can get all the people on your side and you can go to bed later tonight feeling great about yourself because you put someone in thier place on some stupid forum.

You call it "sharing experiences". I call it complaining, whining, wallowing, etc.

You can see it how you want. I bet if you went through some of the sh*t I've been through with my family you'd be crying somewhere in a corner of a dark room. This is me doing what people like you do to me. I'm showing you what it feels like for some total stranger to assume thier problems are worse than yours, so now you take my position and explain yourself and defend yourself now while I accuse you of not dealing with problems worse than mine.

I get it.

You don't get it. You are a judgemental person making assumptions about someone you don't even know. You know my life so well, tell me what I did on my birthday last year?

We all need to wallow sometimes. But that wallowing needs a time limit on it.

Yeah, because I constantly write threads on here wallowing...lol...Great job figuring me out. Based on your assumption of me I now know you wouldn't even be able to identify me as the guy who's actually the one listening to everyones' problems in real life as they tell me thier stories all the time. You would probably assume I was the one telling my story...You have no clue who I am.
I don't need your advice. You can act as if you really want to help, but only you know deep down the true motives for what you say on here. So, here you go, you're the winner of this thread or contest or whatever you people on this site love to do each time there is a disagreement. Me, I would rather be real then win some stupid argument about peoples' lives I have no knowledge of. City-data, the place where the same sh*t happens everyday and the same 'help' and 'inspiration' is given...lol...my azz. Getting 'help' from 'some' people on here is like getting stabbed in the back on a Turkish subway.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics