Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-18-2014, 04:38 PM

296 posts, read 571,022 times

Advertisements

Hello,
We are looking at purchasing the Eden Pure heater advertised by Bob Villa. Has anyone on the message board purchased this heater and are you happy with it? Our home heating bill for fuel oil is outrageous in New Jersey and we are trying to save some money. Also, Did your electric bill increase dramatically? Thank you for your help!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2014, 06:36 PM

21,830 posts, read 25,109,733 times
Amazon.com - EdenPURE GEN3 Model 1000 Quartz Infrared Heater

Looks like it's mostly junk. I know nothing about them, but you can read Amazon reviews for yourself. Mostly 1/5 star reviews.

Old 01-19-2014, 08:22 AM

17,706 posts, read 29,800,391 times
Default First things first

Spend money ($300 or less, typically) on a home energy audit.
Then spend money wisely on reducing energy consumption.

Old 01-19-2014, 09:03 AM

23,590 posts, read 70,367,145 times
A $20 electric heater will put out EXACTLY the same amount of heat per kilowatt used.
A $20 electric heater will put out EXACTLY the same amount of heat per kilowatt used.

I have had to make the same statement in dozens of posts and yet people STILL believe the hype that the Eden Pure is somehow "better" or "more efficient." The laws of physics cannot be broken.

Old 01-19-2014, 09:26 AM

4,130 posts, read 4,460,008 times
Anything that gets dead last in a Consumer Reports test, for several times what competitors sell, is something one should run away from.

Looking at the comments and the tests I wouldn't want it if some one else paid for it.

Old 01-19-2014, 01:32 PM

296 posts, read 571,022 times
Thank you for your helpful reviews! Very interesting! I bought a cheaper model at a Ollies discount store. It is working pretty good. If I paid the full price I would have been disappointed though. Thanks again!

Old 01-21-2014, 08:34 AM

24,832 posts, read 37,332,477 times
I love my heater....and yes, our light bill goes up.

Old 01-21-2014, 08:36 AM

24,832 posts, read 37,332,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by harry chickpea View Post

I have had to make the same statement in dozens of posts and yet people STILL believe the hype that the Eden Pure is somehow "better" or "more efficient." The laws of physics cannot be broken.
I believe you...but, the heat feels so good on my feet as a sit here at the computer.

Old 01-21-2014, 09:39 AM

23,590 posts, read 70,367,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
I believe you...but, the heat feels so good on my feet as a sit here at the computer.
I have a 75 watt reflector lamp that makes my feet feel like they are in Florida at the beach. Total cost less than $5. YMMV.

Old 01-24-2014, 11:10 PM

15,945 posts, read 12,278,566 times
electric heat is electric heat... any claims about energy efficiency are a gimmick. My father got a pellet stove heater installed today in his lower level finished basement... of course if everybody did this it would probably drive up the cost of pellets.. but for now aside from that fact that you get to see fire that puts out basically no smoke because it's so efficient, it's a really sweet deal. Whether it pays for itself or not, who knows.

My electric blanket uses about 45 watts and keeps me cozy warm at a fraction of the price of heating a whole room. Both my mother and father keep their houses pretty cool to save energy costs... I keep mine at 68 which is perfect for me, it's usually 62-65 over there and I have to put on a long sleeve shirt.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics