Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-24-2015, 10:18 AM

5,559 posts, read 4,630,095 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoonose View Post
Not so. We bought a car this summer with zero interest. My kids recently got into a nicely appreciating house for a very low mortgage rate. Our home ARM mortgage went way low before I paid it off. My line of credit at my local bank has a very low rate. A few years back I borrowed at 3% for an investment that paid better than 10%. We are no billionaires or large corps.

Yes I agree the game is stacked in big money's favor, especially post-2008. This is not a new phenomenon. This is why I think it will take unconventional means to raise our middle class.
Congratulations on increasing your debt. As I said, QE is about transferring debt to the 99% and wealth for the 1%. If you buy everything in cash, as I do, you have wealth. The Billionaires get the cash and the corporation gets the debt (so much debt that they will ultimately go bankrupt just as they did during the debt bubble).

A young woman once related to me how she is now in the middle class because she graduated college and now has a job and a $150,000 student loan that she will never be able to pay back. Welcome to the middle class!

You get the debt and the housing execs and car execs get the cash. The Chinese get the cash and the American consumer gets the debt. Chinese are literally buying up all of the good land and housing in the U.S with CASH. Owners of production and land gain wealth in a feudal society. Workers gain the debt.

Sixteen tons
And what do you get?
Another day older
And deeper in debt.
St. Peter don't you call me 'cause I can't go.
I sold my soul to the company store.

Old 12-24-2015, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mathjak107 View Post
you are wasting your time here . it is like trying to describe the color orange to a blind person .

they only believe what they believe is the correct way of viewing things and things can only play out as they see it ,.
Oh yes, explain to us all how the CORRECT way to view things is precisely the way it makes you the most money on the stock market.

Let's see, loads of debt for the 99%, low wages for the hard working family, and TONS and TONS of free money for the Billionaires Class so that they can levitated the stock market.

Nice when the Centrally Planned Economy works precisely and correctly.

Old 12-24-2015, 10:29 AM

106,691 posts, read 108,856,202 times
we have beat this to death already ad nauseam . i don't care to waste time doing it again . if complaining about the same things over and over and over is what you choose to do with your life then good luck . you can spend your life monday morning quarterbacking all the economic decisions and complaining .

Old 12-24-2015, 10:32 AM

26,191 posts, read 21,591,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by richrf View Post
Congratulations on increasing your debt. As I said, QE is about transferring debt to the 99% and wealth for the 1%. If you buy everything in cash, as I do, you have wealth. The Billionaires get the cash and the corporation gets the debt (so much debt that they will ultimately go bankrupt just as they did during the debt bubble).

A young woman once related to me how she is now in the middle class because she graduated college and now has a job and a $150,000 student loan that she will never be able to pay back. Welcome to the middle class!

You get the debt and the housing execs and car execs get the cash. The Chinese get the cash and the American consumer gets the debt. Chinese are literally buying up all of the good land and housing in the U.S with CASH. Owners of production and land gain wealth in a feudal society. Workers gain the debt.

Sixteen tons
And what do you get?
Another day older
And deeper in debt.

If your once relative graduated college with 150k in student loan debt she made many poor choices along the way. How's that for middle class?

Old 12-24-2015, 10:34 AM

my son graduated law school with 120k in debt . 8 years later he paid it off . he is now a partner in one of the country's largest law firms .

Old 12-24-2015, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowexpectations View Post
If your once relative graduated college with 150k in student loan debt she made many poor choices along the way. How's that for middle class?
It isn't.

What has happened is that the Federal government, especially the Democrats, encourage college entrants to take out as massive loans and then use that money to literally bid for a seat in a college. College tuition goes up because of the bidding war, the colleges get the cash, and the students get the debt. A trillion of debt at last counting. Another grand distortion brought to you by the QE Centrally Planned Economy. University execs LOVE it.

Old 12-24-2015, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mathjak107 View Post
my son graduated law school with 120k in debt . 8 years later he paid it off . he is now a partner in one of the country's largest law firms .
Good for him. We paid for everything in cash.

Old 12-24-2015, 10:38 AM

18,802 posts, read 8,474,425 times
Quote:

Sixteen tons
And what do you get?
Another day older
And deeper in debt.
Your cognitive dissonance is profound. Debt can be a wonderful thing for the middle class and general economy if used and managed properly. Borrowing at zero percent when one has excess reserves is just good common business/economic sense. Borrowing money so that your kid can become a doctor is just good common business sense. Buying a house at low rates to live in, appreciate and be happy in for years to come is just great news for the individual, family and local economy.

If you don't do your due diligence, crap out on your loan, you get a bad mark on your credit score, and the rich and famous lose that money. So there!

The Chinese have bought every little hard assets, I expect them to buy much much more once they open up the economy and allow more capital transfers. This is good for US assets, business and good for our economy.

You keep all your USD as cash under your bed or in the bank?

You don't have to answer.

Old 12-24-2015, 10:39 AM

he does , he only uses banks . need i say more about his ability to have his money work for him .of course that assumes he has any to speak of . .

Old 12-24-2015, 10:40 AM

26,191 posts, read 21,591,383 times
Quote:
It isn't.

What has happened is that the Federal government, especially the Democrats, encourage college entrants to take out as massive loans and then use that money to literally bid for a seat in a college. College tuition goes up because of the bidding war, the colleges get the cash, and the students get the debt. A trillion of debt at last counting. Another grand distortion brought to you by the QE Centrally Planned Economy. University execs LOVE it.

Don't blame other entities your former relative made many poor choices to rack up that much debt
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics