Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-25-2015, 10:07 AM

233 posts, read 202,331 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus One View Post
The poor people on welfare have no savings to take advantage of deflation.
The Middle Class and the Poor are being destroyed. The FED has done the absolute worst thing for the American middle class by attempting to ignore the SAVING CYCLE and raise interest rate so the 99% can make money through higher interest rates to pay off their debts. The FED's solution was ZIRP, which, without higher salaries, does nothing by freeze the 99% where they are. The FED is destroying our democracy by transferring money from the poor to the rich. Big Government and Big Business are having a party, getting rich at the public's expense, spending our taxpayers money, stealing money from our kids and grandkids to create illusion of growth today.

God Bless the strong US Dollar. Strong US Dollar will end this madness!!!!

Old 12-25-2015, 10:19 AM

233 posts, read 202,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mathjak107 View Post
this whole thread is all about excuses for failure and not taking control and making things happen in one's life rather then expecting a gov't and perfect conditions to do it for you.

then complaining about the results you got and trying to point the finger every where but yourself for the failure . .
This thread is about the FED raising interest rates for the first time since 2006. As some of us have predicted CORRECTLY, the FED ended up raising rates in December and more rate hikes will come. It's time to deflate the biggest debt bubble in the history of the world. It's time to REWARD 99% of American citizens thru safe investments.

You apparently love the FED manipulations of markets since 2009. What happens if the FED decides to manipulate markets lower?

Your problem is that you admire success too much. Whom do you admire more, a failure materially who lives a straight life (such as Jesus Christ), or a winner who cheats, lies and steals (say Jamie Dimon or Donald Trump)?

I would bet that you would rather have a son like Donald Trump or Jamie Dimon than like Jesus Christ.

Old 12-25-2015, 10:24 AM

106,740 posts, read 108,937,910 times
the thread started out about the fed raising rates . it turned in to a complaint session with a bunch of amateur economists monday morning quarter backing every play .

it is filled with nothing but gripes and complaints , most of which were the individuals own doing by not being proactive , caring or not taking control of their own lives .

the fed did everything but drop leaflets from helicopters telling folks to slide from cash to bonds . those who paid attention were rewarded , those who went on their merry way paid the price .

through out history we have had negative interest rates on cash . this is nothing new . the fed did everything it could telling folks to shift .

so now those who paid no attention want to complain . great let them but that is their own doing .

while i may not like everything the fed does i don't think my ideas would have solved things any better .

but i certainly know my own actions let me play those cards to my advantage .

30 years ago no one read food labels . today everyone interested in their health reads them and knows how to interpret them . we buy the best products to keep us healthy and don't count on food company's to decide what is right for us.

well the same thing has to apply to your own financial well being . you need to get educated ,forget the myths we believe as true and what you think out of your head and be responsible for your own well being and get educated on the other side of things .

Last edited by mathjak107; 12-25-2015 at 10:42 AM..

Old 12-25-2015, 10:31 AM

20,160 posts, read 12,772,388 times
This thread should be closed. There is a lot of propaganda that it's not worth debating. Same points are made, rinse and repeat.

Old 12-25-2015, 10:38 AM

106,740 posts, read 108,937,910 times
if it was a constructive thread , which helps folks deal with the shift in fed policy and how to best play the cards going forward i can see this thread having value . but the thread has zero nutritional value except for the amateur economists thinking they had the answers that would have changed the world as they drive and look in their rear view mirror .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics