Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-30-2017, 04:01 PM

4,369 posts, read 3,723,819 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by freemkt View Post
As much as I like to ridicule them, there's something to be said for Subsidy Kids.
My situation is no different from that of a kid receiving free or reduced price lunch: it gives me a chance to succeed in life despite my disadvantages (being in poverty).

Old 09-30-2017, 04:01 PM

22,146 posts, read 33,537,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perma Bear View Post
If I was truly unintelligent could I have accrued wealth and had a long term perspective?
Hold the phone. I thought you were poor and destitute. Now you accrued wealth and have a long term perspective? News flash kid. You aren't poor. You got 160,000 dollars and make 60k a year. By definition you are not poor. You live in a area that is far beyond your current capabilities.
And another thing. Most of these millionaires which you strive to be were out busting azz not online complaining.

Quote:
A credit score that is stuck due to a one-time event 15 years ago is an extremely good indicator of what? Certainly not my ability to pay rent on time.
You could of filed BK and be completely back on your feet. Why aren't you filing BK now? 15 years and you STILL have bad credit due to a hospital stay and medical bills? You expect us to keep believing that?

Old 09-30-2017, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electrician4you View Post
Hold the phone. I thought you were poor and destitute. Now you accrued wealth and have a long term perspective? News flash kid. You aren't poor. You got 160,000 dollars and make 60k a year. By definition you are not poor. You live in a area that is far beyond your current capabilities.
And another thing. Most of these millionaires which you strive to be were out busting azz not online complaining.
Wealth doesn't mean much in a place where 2 bedroom houses are a million dollars.

I don't know, investing 3-4K a month is more busting ass that most of the population. I make due with what I have. Thankfully winter is coming and my income will skyrocket the last month which will let me save more.

Old 09-30-2017, 04:06 PM

30,896 posts, read 36,958,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thatsright19 View Post
Yes. It's easy to accrue wealth when you are subsidized by your parents and can pour your income into wealth producing asset vehicles.
I hate to defend PermaBear, but there are LOADS of people subsidized by parents who are STILL broke--probably the majority. The money gets spent on cars and entertainment.

Old 09-30-2017, 04:10 PM

5,907 posts, read 4,431,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mysticaltyger View Post
I hate to defend PermaBear, but there are LOADS of people subsidized by parents who are STILL broke--probably the majority. The money gets spent on cars and entertainment.
So one freeloads off their parents to build wealth and the other freeloads of their parents to defer adulthood and do entertainment and travel? I don't see how either person could be seen as anything other than a failure. I certainly wouldn't consider either to be the right thing to do.

Old 09-30-2017, 04:13 PM

23,177 posts, read 12,219,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hitpausebutton2 View Post
I wish others had the same idea around here, but they don't. Apt management all get together and plan on raising rents every lease. Same with Housing property managements.
Really? They "all get together" in some secret conspiracy? You have actual knowledge of this or is it just something you "know" must be happening?

Old 09-30-2017, 04:14 PM

23,177 posts, read 12,219,693 times
Quote:
A credit score that is stuck due to a one-time event 15 years ago is an extremely good indicator of what? Certainly not my ability to pay rent on time.
Credit activity only stays on your credit report for max 7 years except bankruptcy can stay 10 years.

Old 09-30-2017, 04:18 PM

33,016 posts, read 27,458,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Electrician4you View Post

You could of filed BK and be completely back on your feet. Why aren't you filing BK now? 15 years and you STILL have bad credit due to a hospital stay and medical bills? You expect us to keep believing that?

Why file BK now when I do not expect to live long enough for the BK to drop off my credit?

Hospital stay + loss of income --> credit card #1 judgment + credit card #2 judgment --> insufficient income to pay rent on time AND resolve judgments --> I pay rent on time and ignore the judgments --> judgments can be renewed and therefore never drop off credit file.

Old 09-30-2017, 04:19 PM

33,016 posts, read 27,458,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oceangaia View Post
Credit activity only stays on your credit report for max 7 years except bankruptcy can stay 10 years.
BZZT! Judgments can be renewed and therefore stay on credit report.

Old 09-30-2017, 04:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thatsright19 View Post
So one freeloads off their parents to build wealth and the other freeloads of their parents to defer adulthood and do entertainment and travel? I don't see how either person could be seen as anything other than a failure. I certainly wouldn't consider either to be the right thing to do.
You'd be able to save as much if you pulled yourself up by your bootstraps.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics