Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2017, 08:18 PM

4,369 posts, read 3,727,700 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowexpectations View Post
What does that have to do with what you quoted?
You make it seem like it's so easy to buy versus renting in the Bay

Old 09-27-2017, 08:19 PM

Quote:
That's without a doubt true because it's the same ad nauseum post you always make
I wanna see those techie hipsters cry all their little salty tears out!

Am I really a quitter though if I invest so much towards the goal though?

Old 09-27-2017, 09:35 PM

26,196 posts, read 21,615,454 times
Quote:
I've never provided more than two years worth of tax returns but I've always signed to allow the lender to request returns from the IRS if needed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perma Bear View Post
Would many people qualify for a million dollar 2 bedroom house? No? I thought so.
Quote:
What does that have to do with what you quoted?
Quote:
You make it seem like it's so easy to buy versus renting in the Bay
I make it seem like it's easy to buy vs renting in the Bay? Really where did you come close to fabricating that?

Old 09-27-2017, 09:41 PM

Quote:
I make it seem like it's easy to buy vs renting in the Bay? Really where did you come close to fabricating that?
I get you bootstrappers mixed up all the time.

Old 09-27-2017, 10:46 PM

7,448 posts, read 7,597,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadrat View Post
You should definitely fight back, Like get a quality education and find a good job, then buy your own damn house, That will show em!

RR
Quote:
Originally Posted by hitpausebutton2 View Post
easier said then done... I been trying to buy a house, but soooo much red tape and BS that comes with it.

5 years IRS returns. Checked
3% FHA loan saved.. Checked ( till now)
Credit score above 620 Checked
O yea we need to have a 7 year IRS return for FHA to get you that 3% we already approved you for.. GFYour self..
Yep, time to renew rent, and increase it another 100 bucks and unexpected Car break down ( goes the 3%).

So yea lets just keep the prices high to keep us from saving anything. The education excuse is so old, its unbeliveable. Education only gets you so far, its the business that determins if your worth it. Lets pay you 40k a year were rent will take up over half that.. So what does that leave you? O yea and its the only company willing to hire you with zero experiance, but you got that PHD...
I'm a first generation American, born to (legal) immigrant parents. I speak English as a second language. I got a college degree, got a good job, two of them, actually, and I bought my own house. As Henry Ford once said...'Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.'

Old 09-27-2017, 11:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlaskaErik View Post
I'm a first generation American, born to (legal) immigrant parents. I speak English as a second language. I got a college degree, got a good job, two of them, actually, and I bought my own house. As Henry Ford once said...'Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.'
I doubt Henry ford could easily buy a house in the Bay Area in 2017 without a struggle.

Old 09-28-2017, 12:48 AM

7,651 posts, read 4,613,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freemkt View Post
The game is rigged in favor of incumbent homeowners ad the rest of us are doomed.
Imagine that, people who own land in an area having more say over what goes on there then people thinking of living there.

Old 09-28-2017, 04:04 AM

3,537 posts, read 2,863,266 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hitpausebutton2 View Post
I had some offers, most wanted 2.. I keep least 5 due to being hit last couple years with audits.. Went from 36k to 60k in 2 years and back down to 50k all in 4 years.. so assume it raised some flags.. Working as a contractor for last 8 years puts a target on you.. and got hit with ID theft back in 2000 so that doesnt help.

But for the couple that try to take them to court, was happy with the 1200.. so not sure why the person who they was renting from sold it.? and the new owner to just gouge them because he too lazy to move out mommy house.. and 2k+ profit.. makes the cake even worst.. Communication could been lot better.. Owner could said, im selling the house and the owner might raise your rent.. not just sell it out under them and poof here is your bill... specaily in a market area that is already over priced. One of those areas were rent is higher than person salary doesnt care how much you make..
Did you even read the article you posted? The new owner is paying $4500.00 a month for mortgage, Taxes, insurance, and maintenance. What don't you understand about this rent increase, he's taking a loss every month they lived there.
Sorry the former owners wanted to move on but that's the way it is.

RR

Old 09-28-2017, 04:06 AM

Quote:
I doubt Henry ford could easily buy a house in the Bay Area in 2017 without a struggle.
So don't live there, move on to greener and cheaper pastures.

RR

Old 09-28-2017, 04:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by artillery77 View Post
Imagine that, people who own land in an area having more say over what goes on there then people thinking of living there.
If FREEMKT had his way most places would look like the Favelas of Rio.

https://duckduckgo.com/?q=favelas+in...ax=1&ia=images

RR
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics