Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2018, 08:35 AM

31,771 posts, read 40,705,240 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jobster View Post
Who cares who this person is.

Why does it matter?

If you didn't read it, why comment on it?

You sound like the news. That's all the news talks about. Keeping American's complacent.

Why don't you answer me where the $2T of liquidity is going to come from when central banks pull out?
i read the beginning and then started skimming. school shootings, opoid crisis, people not caring about others, etc. its a bunch of bs.

i care about the authors of stuff i am reading. if your crazy uncle writes and article; are you going to bother reading it and refuting every point? i like to see what box you fit in before i take your article too seriously.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2018, 08:39 AM

3,271 posts, read 2,190,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
i read the beginning and then started skimming. school shootings, opoid crisis, people not caring about others, etc. its a bunch of bs.

i care about the authors of stuff i am reading. if your crazy uncle writes and article; are you going to bother reading it and refuting every point? i like to see what box you fit in before i take your article too seriously.
You're not adding any value to this discussion.

Old 01-26-2018, 08:42 AM

45,396 posts, read 60,592,880 times
Yeah, drama queen. Lots of confirmation bias.

Old 01-26-2018, 08:43 AM

27,567 posts, read 28,673,621 times
He uses the British spelling of the word neighbor.

That makes for some eye rolling.

Old 01-26-2018, 08:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jobster View Post
You're not adding any value to this discussion.
haha, is it adding any value by posting ridiculous articles by drama queens? if you dont like what i have to say, you are free to ignore it.

Old 01-26-2018, 08:45 AM

7,800 posts, read 4,401,311 times
The problem is the tearing of the social fabric from three sources: 1. Social Media 2. Conservative Media and 3. Presidential politics.

Problems are being magnified while at the same time our ability to cope with these problems are diminishing. We live in our own bubbles. Media, especially conservative media, makes the opposition into enemies and propagate conspiracy theories like real news. Trump has made his administration the poster child for a divide and conquer strategy.

These are all reversible. I am not as pessimistic as the author.

We need to face our problems as a nation and not a collection of individuals. Then we we will find redemption.

Old 01-26-2018, 08:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeBeard View Post
need to face our problems as a nation and not a collection of individuals. Then we we will find redemption.
we are all individuals. its viewing people as a nation rather than a collection of individuals that causes problems.

Old 01-26-2018, 08:48 AM

45,396 posts, read 60,592,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeBeard View Post
The problem is the tearing of the social fabric from three sources: 1. Social Media 2. Conservative Media and 3. Presidential politics.

Problems are being magnified while at the same time our ability to cope with these problems are diminishing. We live in our own bubbles. Media, especially conservative media, makes the opposition into enemies and propagate conspiracy theories like real news. Trump has made his administration the poster child for a divide and conquer strategy.

These are all reversible. I am not as pessimistic as the author.

We need to face our problems as a nation and not a collection of individuals. Then we we will find redemption.

I think, to be fair, you do need to add liberal media like Newsweek, Vox, HuffPost,etc. in your indictment.

I understand those outlets reflect your views and when that happens people tend to ignore the bias.

Old 01-26-2018, 08:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
we are all individuals. its viewing people as a nation rather than a collection of individuals that causes problems.
I disagree. This country as well as every great nation in history as put the common good before the individual. Yes, you have individual rights that protect you for the state and which every nation state should have, but when it comes to solving and addressing problems on a national scale unity is called for, which is also referred to as patriotism.

Old 01-26-2018, 08:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
I think, to be fair, you do need to add liberal media like Newsweek, Vox, HuffPost,etc. in your indictment.

I understand those outlets reflect your views and when that happens people tend to ignore the bias.
I would agree with you if these outlets peddled conspiracy theories. They do not. However I agree that all sides should tone the rhetoric down.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics