Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-16-2018, 06:33 PM

2,751 posts, read 1,788,039 times

Advertisements

Sellers market like I said earlier

https://nypost.com/2018/10/16/record...ted-in-august/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2018, 06:38 PM

5,907 posts, read 4,440,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterfall8324 View Post
You pile lie on top of lie until the truth is imperceivable.

No one is demanding anything. All that is already is, workers operate the company. They do that now just like before.

The people who produce are the people who decide what and how they produce, it’s such a simple concept that you’re blind to because you’re a massive authoritarian.
I’m the authoritarian? That’s rich. You’re the one advocating the destruction of property rights.

“The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. Ignorance may deride it. But at the end there it is.”

Old 10-16-2018, 07:16 PM

9,874 posts, read 7,757,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterfall8324 View Post

The people who produce are the people who decide what and how they produce, it’s such a simple concept.
I'll ask again, give us an example or two of how this would work in real life.

Tell us about workers in some of these random jobs:

clothing manufacturer
bakery
plumber
school cafeteria cook
engineer
hospital custodian

Old 10-16-2018, 07:46 PM

15,476 posts, read 7,522,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thatsright19 View Post
You have one of the most misguided “understandings” of economics I’ve ever seen on these forums, which is quite an impressive feat.
The good part is I am getting a good laugh out of this. Some of the best fiction I've read lately. Plus, I get to practice debating a confused young person with half my brain tied behind my back(not a fan of Rush(Limbaugh that is, the band is OK), but that's a good line)

Old 10-16-2018, 07:51 PM

15,507 posts, read 6,442,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaraG View Post
I'll ask again, give us an example or two of how this would work in real life.

Tell us about workers in some of these random jobs:

clothing manufacturer
bakery
plumber
school cafeteria cook
engineer
hospital custodian
You can look here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Democr...Northern_Syria

More specific to my desires, I'd hope that each trade would have a syndicate (a guild) and all members of the syndicate would be able to share information, connect supply chains, etc.

On an individual level, workers, like in Barcelona in the 30s, would run all the bakeries, cloth shops, etc. (the ones who worked there at least) and if need be different people with authority on a certain subject (like baking) would be elected by the workers to play some role in said authority.

Plumbers, cooks, etc. they'd all have their own unions and work would be based off of the demands of the community. Schools for different trades would be formed by the different syndicates while general school would be democratic: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Democratic_education
and would be formed by a city council.
Custodians and all different types of workers that are needed to maintain a work facility will either be handled by the work force who operate there or they'd be paid to some capacity by the union for outside help (if the situation is small and easily managed like a custodians job). The final factor would be the syndicate each union is (voluntarily) a member of which can connect work forces and build labor demand.

Old 10-16-2018, 07:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WRM20 View Post
The good part is I am getting a good laugh out of this. Some of the best fiction I've read lately. Plus, I get to practice debating a confused young person with half my brain tied behind my back(not a fan of Rush(Limbaugh that is, the band is OK), but that's a good line)
I am a very respectful person and I will not reply in kind, but know that years of propaganda can significantly shape the parameters why which you understand a situation, so not all concepts of practiced freedom are well examined in the public sphere yet as many forces wish to retain their unequal power on society.

Old 10-16-2018, 07:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thatsright19 View Post
I’m the authoritarian? That’s rich. You’re the one advocating the destruction of property rights.

“The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. Ignorance may deride it. But at the end there it is.”
Personal property. Private property was only invented during the period of empires when rulers decided they had divine right to rule over others.

Old 10-16-2018, 07:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuiteLiving View Post
the sticking point is what does the owner, who supplied the facility, utilities, supplies, distribution, sales, marketing, administration and wages to those that produced the widgets, get for all of this production that those that produced it just stole.

You keep saying that those that produce are the ones that should control, but the real ones that produce are the ones that facilitate the entire process of production - from the supply chain to get the inputs to the distribution channels to sell the outputs.

Don't bother replying with the same old tired natural law blah, blah, blah. Your thesis is unworkable in America.
These utilities and supply chains aren't created by the owner, they are created by networking.

All the different factories of one company (for example) are not granted added resources by the will of the owner, they are granted by a series of cooperative networks with other production facilities that share and coordinate production.

These connections could still exist without one central owner dictating the terms of usage of the cumulative output.

Old 10-16-2018, 07:58 PM

172 posts, read 108,112 times
OP when are you going to start your company? I want to watch you fail.

Old 10-16-2018, 08:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by COJeff View Post
OP when are you going to start your company? I want to watch you fail.
lol.

The company would be run cooperatively, unlike most capitalist, I don't have the arrogance to claim complete control over an organization I do not completely operate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics