Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-10-2021, 02:26 PM

106,680 posts, read 108,856,202 times

Advertisements

It is the doom and gloom robot …

When he veers from that he will just grasp at straws to try to find something negative to say about someone ,even if he fails to understand what he is trying to prove

Even doubling this year xom has been a stinker , a real dog that did nothing for investors the last 15 years ..

They finally had a lucky year and still can not make a decent return for their longer term holders who have suffered so long with horrible returns….whether it is the last 3 ,5,10 or 15 years the stock stinks for anyone who didn’t just buy it.

That is hardly the definition of a good stock

Old 05-10-2021, 03:55 PM

1,766 posts, read 1,223,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic Romano View Post
You're "winning" the skirmish but losing the war. I don't see you telling us where you're invested...scared to tell us?
When I called the market bottom I bought many stocks. Only with Penn Gaming i was up over 2000% when I sold it few months ago - February.
I started buying EV stocks today. I think this sector is oversold now....QS, LTHM, BLNK, NIO, CLSK, LAZR, WKHS, SPCE, Is it possible that all these laggards will once again blossom and begin soaring as they did all last year? Been patiently waiting for QS to dip under $30 for months now. The NDX is also going higher. I expect a race for new highs to start soon.

I bought MU today as well. I’m also long XOM and many other oil stocks, APA, HAL, OXY, SLB. I’m long GBTC and ETCG for a long time now. Long ERJ, AAL. Long XOMA, NMM, PSHT and FSLR.

I’m concerned about the markets but not BEARISH. The BOOM TECH STOCKS that fueled last year's monster rally are needed to help fuel a similar rally this year. That is the reason I’m opening position again in EV stocks.

Good Luck!

Old 05-10-2021, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mathjak107 View Post
It is the doom and gloom robot …

When he veers from that he will just grasp at straws to try to find something negative to say about someone ,even if he fails to understand what he is trying to prove

Even doubling this year xom has been a stinker , a real dog that did nothing for investors the last 15 years ..

They finally had a lucky year and still can not make a decent return for their longer term holders who have suffered so long with horrible returns….whether it is the last 3 ,5,10 or 15 years the stock stinks for anyone who didn’t just buy it.

That is hardly the definition of a good stock
Stick with your Mutual Funds, you lost all credibility with XOM.

Old 05-10-2021, 05:30 PM

6,913 posts, read 3,379,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by C2BP View Post
“The unemployment rate rose to 6.1%, the Labor Department said.”

Roaring 20’s huh? What a joke. How can you people believe in those Fairytales?
You can thank Uncle Joe and his "stimulus" payments that fact- paying more for being unemployed increases unemployment rate significantly.

The "Fairytales" are in the reasons many give and say they can't find work to continue to justify being on unemployment - most companies are desperately looking for workers. Unemployment was at historic lows prior to the pandemic.

Old 05-10-2021, 05:33 PM

106,680 posts, read 108,856,202 times
Quote:
Stick with your Mutual Funds, you lost all credibility with XOM.
I totally blew xom away with those funds for two decades ..you got that right I certainly would take those funds over xom …I would be way poorer investing in xom all these years …

The numbers speak for themselves on xom

Stick to complaining, it is what you do best

Old 05-10-2021, 06:11 PM

6,913 posts, read 3,379,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tencent View Post
Herein lies the problem.

We will never have another 40 year growth market like the post WWII cycle.
Herein lies the problem with your narrative - post WWII cycle of 40 years would end in 1985 which is over 35 years ago - most here would be investing in the period well past that time frame. Also interest rates were over 18%, inflation over 13% and unemployment was well over 11% at that time - that is some of that "40 year growth market" cycle - not really the best growth market unless ignore inflation.

But really a false "poor me" narrative anyway - the market is fairly consistent in return over the long term - if you are in your 30s, you will get there eventually, just need to invest smartly. I started seriously investing about my mid 20s, took about 20-25 years to reach first million.

Old 05-10-2021, 06:18 PM

30,896 posts, read 36,965,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mathjak107 View Post
He knows nothing about investing except to complain about the fed
Clearly.

Old 05-10-2021, 06:22 PM

Quote:
And this comes from a guy who was BASHING the BEST oil company last year when it was trading near all time low - around $33. XOM has almost doubled since then. Now everyone can see that you are clueless. Stick to your Mutual Funds.
Attachment 229216
Who cares? It's just one stock. Lots of stocks have doubled since their lows in 2020.

It's really easy to look this stuff up. Your ignorance is showing....again.

Mathjak is still actually correct about 15 year trailing returns. 15 year returns are 2.94% annualized. 3, 5, and 10 year returns were even worse. Any diversified mutual fund did much better than that, including low risk bond funds.

https://www.morningstar.com/stocks/x...ailing-returns

Old 05-10-2021, 06:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lycanmaster View Post
If people truly knew the history as well as the sorts of people who implemented this whole Central Banking system, nobody in good conscience would support it.

It truly is evil at its very basic inception.
Yes, definitely.

Old 05-10-2021, 09:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mysticaltyger View Post
Who cares? It's just one stock. Lots of stocks have doubled since their lows in 2020.

It's really easy to look this stuff up. Your ignorance is showing....again.

Mathjak is still actually correct about 15 year trailing returns. 15 year returns are 2.94% annualized. 3, 5, and 10 year returns were even worse. Any diversified mutual fund did much better than that, including low risk bond funds.

https://www.morningstar.com/stocks/x...ailing-returns
I care. He bashed XOM when it was trading near multi decade low. Last time XOM was trading at that price level was back in 2002, almost 20 years ago. It was a SCREAMING buy and he was bashing it.

BTW. Futures are down and I FEEL negative on the markets tonight. But FEELINGS are limited in accuracy. I do have a FEELING about the markets that is not good. MAY FEELING? Sellers are emerging. I thought this was supposed to be a trading bottom today. Hmmmm, let’s see what happens tomorrow.

Good Luck!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics